Outcast Outcast or kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tutur74170

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hello, i already posted a thread with no specific RC in mind and a lot of guys told me to get the kraton 6s BLX.
As a reminder, here are my needs:
I want an rc that's:
1 REALLY durable
2 Fast (for ex, more than the nero big rock Wich runs on 2s)
I will be playing with my rc mostly on dirt roads, snow and sometimes sand. I will sometimes take it to the skatepark too. I will do quite a lot of bash.
My budget is 600€.
So i looked for the kraton but a lot of vids online seems to say that there are a lot of reliability concerns: chassis benting.... What's your experience with it?
Also, do you think the outcast would suit my needs?
Thanks a lot,
Arthur

The Outcast is a bit more durable thanks to the shorter chassie.
The Kraton will bend with a bit harder bashing without upgrades like aluminium chassie braces.
I have had both cars and the outcast does okay, i have raplaced 2 stock chassie now on my third and now installing M2C chassie on the outcast and building a new Kraton with m2c chassie.

But other than the chassie length its exactly the same car when it comes to parts. So durability wise they are the same except the chassie.

And i love both the Kraton and theOutcast, the outcast is very playful with the short wheelbase and the Kraton is a bit more drivable you maybe can call it. The Outcast wheelies ALOT.

If you’re on a budget, drop down to the Outcast 4S and use the additional budget for upgrades and spare parts. The worst thing you can do is buy the OC6S and run out of money trying to keep it running. No matter what you buy, there will be additional costs of repairs and maintenance. Figure double the cost of the kit for entry into the hobby after figuring in batteries, charger, tools, consumables like oils and grease, spare parts and upgrades, etc. None of the RTR rigs are going to run long if bashed hard.

If you really like flat out speed and want to stick with 6S, get the kraton. The outcast is pretty twitchy at high speeds. The extra bit of length of the kraton makes it more stable at speeds and a bit more graceful off the jumps.

IMHO, get the m2c chassis and alloy chassis braces on both if you jump a lot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back