Kraton Just pondering...Desert Buggy rollcage for Kraton 6S idea's or build options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLspeeddragon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion EXB
As stated in title...
While I was at work today, I was wondering if it were possible to make a custom roll cage (DB Style) for Kraton 6S similar to the Losi Tenacity DB buggy..
Yes I know there is the fireteam, however that's more of a UTV, not Desert buggy..

I would imagine having to use at least 5-6mm Carbon fiber rods / tubing..
Only thing I'm not having any luck at is finding connectors angled, Tee, couplings that are not made of metal, and aren't oversized like push in check valves.. Something more like a sleeve or possible threaded?
I have found a few good deals on 5mm OD x 3mm ID, 6mm x 3mm ID CF hollow rods @ 500mm..

Idea's are always welcome and even search links..
I got this idea since I've got about 80% of the leftover Kraton parts from the Talion Build I'm working on and thinking it would be cool to make this my next mod build?

I have thought about 3d printing them, however durability would be an issue with that due to layering vs solid.. Better with plastic injection molded connectors..
Thought I would toss that in before someone suggests that idea..

As stated in title...
While I was at work today, I was wondering if it were possible to make a custom roll cage (DB Style) for Kraton 6S similar to the Losi Tenacity DB buggy..
Yes I know there is the fireteam, however that's more of a UTV, not Desert buggy..

I would imagine having to use at least 5-6mm Carbon fiber rods / tubing..
Only thing I'm not having any luck at is finding connectors angled, Tee, couplings that are not made of metal, and aren't oversized like push in check valves..

Something more like a sleeve or possible threaded?
I have found a few good deals on 5mm OD x 3mm ID, 6mm x 3mm ID CF hollow rods @ 500mm..

Idea's are always welcome and even search links..
I got this idea since I've got about 80% of the leftover Kraton parts from the Talion Build I'm working on and thinking it would be cool to make this my next mod build?

It would Absolutely be Cool As Hell!

@Camaroboy383
Have created a custom roll cage before... All One piece 3D printed ,for Redcat RC.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3548039

I had thought to re-imagine it to be a bit more modular..
But just haven't had much free time to design it up properly ,to do what you mentioned above..
1710783414773.png

Last edited:
I know basherqueen had that setup for the talion i was hoping she'd drop again. That would take care of all the mounting hardware. Also considered modifying a ryft cage. The LMT cage may be able to be used too.

ryft kraton.jpg

Now of course that isn't an Arrma so please do tell 😁 what that rig is....
FS Racing Atom 6s/Reely Raptor 6s/FTX DR8. Good luck finding them or parts for them in the US.

The cage from the Atom is a perfect fit for the Kraton/Talion but again if you are in the US you can't buy it.

I've tried to order the roll cage before and Conrad just canceled my order and gave me a refund.

Last edited:
Now of course that isn't an Arrma so please do tell 😁 what that rig is....
FTX DR8 with Louise tires, paint job and window nets. I added a wide kit recently. Left is its’ stock (99%) twin brother Reely Raptor.
Edit: slick 👆🏼 beat me to this post😄

IMG_2881.jpeg

The cage from the Atom is a perfect fit for the Kraton/Talion but again if you are in the US you can't buy it.
In case someone really wants it, I can ship it. I know shipping a complete RC acroos the pond is crazy expensive, but I assume it’s way less due to the relatively small and light parts. he cage is currently on sale. The body panels are pretty easy to make your own from a sheet of polycarbonate.
IMG_0382.png

IMG_0383.png

I found this thread Thread 'Project... Sand Dune.' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/project-sand-dune.37531/
That's freakin cool!! I love the look of a caged rig, not sure I want all the debris.. has to be enclosed to some degree for me. That 'Nut body really fits well!!
Ok so I didn't read the whole topic starter... Kraton 6S, however I can't tell which towers are on it other then that they are HR.. He doesn't give a build log link or mention any of the build :(

In case someone really wants it, I can ship it. I know shipping a complete RC acroos the pond is crazy expensive, but I assume it’s way less due to the relatively small and light parts. he cage is currently on sale. The body panels are pretty easy to make your own from a sheet of polycarbonate.
View attachment 355621

View attachment 355622
I am definitely interested, but not yet.. I am about 99% done with the Talion 4S track racer.. I got the Max 8 combo, batteries, and a couple of other small mod pieces in over the weekend.. So hopefully in a couple of days it'll be done for that part.. Still waiting on my friend to finish the airbrush job on the Axis T Truggy body and ship it.

Last edited:
Ok so I didn't read the whole topic starter... Kraton 6S, however I can't tell which towers are on it other then that they are HR.. He doesn't give a build log link or mention any of the build :(

I am definitely interested, but not yet.. I am about 99% done with the Talion 4S track racer.. I got the Max 8 combo, batteries, and a couple of other small mod pieces in over the weekend.. So hopefully in a couple of days it'll be done for that part.. Still waiting on my friend to finish the airbrush job on the Axis T Truggy body and ship it.
There was a thread on here somewhere where the guy shared how he mounted the Atom Cage but I cannot find it now.

Here’s my 2 Talion DR and my DR8 v2

There’s all the stuff you need to build and mount a body on eBay

IMG_5401.jpeg

IMG_5689.jpeg

IMG_5955.jpeg

IMG_5957.jpeg

Here’s all you need to build a body

the body post will work with no mod in front and little in the rear

You could always message basherqueen and ask if she had any body’s and mounting kits available

Attachments

• IMG_5952.jpeg
    IMG_5952.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5954.png
    IMG_5954.png
    797 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5953.jpeg
    IMG_5953.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Here’s my 2 Talion DR and my DR8 v2

There’s all the stuff you need to build and mount a body on eBay

View attachment 355691

View attachment 355692

View attachment 355693

View attachment 355700

Here’s all you need to build a body

the body post will work with no mod in front and little in the rear

You could always message basherqueen and ask if she had any body’s and mounting kits available
Found all the chassis parts on aliexpress too, but what drivers are in yours? ftx? edit- i found them

Back