Limitless Parallel battery question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badmofreaker

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I've been running for a long time now, but I am not sure on this. I have run 6s parallel before on a drag build,but can you run 2 different mah battteries parallel or not,or do they have to be the exact same? Let me know, thanks.

As @gotnitro mentioned technically you can but for safety reasons I would not risk it especially in a high discharge environment as the lower mah pack will probably not have the same total discharge rate as the larger one. As an example a 5000mah 50c 6s lipo will have a higher discharge rate than a 4000mah 50c lipo. The 5000mah is in theory 250a and the 4000mah is only 200a. This could possibly damage the lower mah pack as will try to discharge at a higher rate than it is capable of. For safety's sake same manufacturer, same capacity, same discharge rate the voltage does not have to be the same.

I think you have parallel and series mixed. Series voltages can be different. Parallel they have to be the same and I agree, same discharge and make is always best. 😉
Oh shoot yeah I was thinking series my mistake.

As @gotnitro mentioned technically you can but for safety reasons I would not risk it especially in a high discharge environment as the lower mah pack will probably not have the same total discharge rate as the larger one. As an example a 5000mah 50c 6s lipo will have a higher discharge rate than a 4000mah 50c lipo. The 5000mah is in theory 250a and the 4000mah is only 200a. This could possibly damage the lower mah pack as will try to discharge at a higher rate than it is capable of. For safety's sake same manufacturer, same capacity, same discharge rate the voltage does not have to be the same.
Cool,I was thinking of trying it on the speed car,I have 2 turnigy 6s 5000,and 2 chnl 6s 4000. Not sure if it will give me much more or not
I think you have parallel and series mixed. Series voltages can be different. Parallel they have to be the same and I agree, same discharge and make is always best. 😉
No,I know the difference, that's why I'm asking. I usually run in series,but my speed car at the moment runs one 6s per side on a dual motor setup which so far got 163,but I have 2 other 6s and wanted to try parallel per side

No,I know the difference, that's why I'm asking. I usually run in series,but my speed car at the moment runs one 6s per side on a dual motor setup which so far got 163,but I have 2 other 6s and wanted to try parallel per side
Lol that was to slick, was just pointing out he had it twisted in the end is all😎

Go break your PB! 💪🏻

Cool,I was thinking of trying it on the speed car,I have 2 turnigy 6s 5000,and 2 chnl 6s 4000. Not sure if it will give me much more or not

He was responding to me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back