Passport Ultra P2 - Easy for any noob

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorCalTRD

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
I have to admit when I made the decision to pick up an outcast I was a bit overwhelmed with LiPo batteries and how to maintain them... granted it’s been well over 20 yrs since I’ve looked back at my old hobby. Even then I was a kid on kid budget so things were simple back then.

I honestly spent hours reading pros and cons on LiPo and that led me into the dangers and everything that go wrong if you don’t do things a certain way... I almost walked away from the whole idea. It was this forum that finally helped me move forward so cheers to you guys!

Out of all things my only concern was the battery charger... lots of good ones out there so I’m not saying this is better but my experience over the last 24 hrs and 5 runs have been effortless. If anyone new or coming back after years is hung up on an easy charger/balancer I can say this is as easy as charging a cell phone. Read the instructions and it’s pretty straight forward. I got it for $99 at a local shop charging a 5000mah 50c 4s with ease. I was initially so overwhelmed that I almost spent all the money on everything Smart Specktrum including the battery and it racked up a hefty total... 100% glad I didn’t do that... yet

9D8360DA-B39F-4247-B96E-BFC05EDEFA2F.jpeg

I have no idea about the brand but I presume there is an app that uses that Bluetooth connection to allow you to monitor the charging if in range and get alerts that charging has finished?

I have no idea about the brand but I presume there is an app that uses that Bluetooth connection to allow you to monitor the charging if in range and get alerts that charging has finished?

Brand is Dynamite

E015A022-11C7-4E5F-96C0-73AB5F7BF463.jpeg

The whole lipo danger thing is a little out of hand. Not saying there’s never a fire but it’s rare. All the teenagers playing with rcs and the 1000’s (maybe 1,000,000’s) of lipo packs out there you’d think they be burning up neighborhoods left and right. Little reading of instructions and careful storage in proper containers or bags is all that’s needed. Have fun with the new Outcast, it is a riot on wheels!

The whole lipo danger thing is a little out of hand. Not saying there’s never a fire but it’s rare. All the teenagers playing with rcs and the 1000’s (maybe 1,000,000’s) of lipo packs out there you’d think they be burning up neighborhoods left and right. Little reading of instructions and careful storage in proper containers or bags is all that’s needed. Have fun with the new Outcast, it is a riot on wheels!
Thanks man honestly I know no different I haven’t had anything like this and everything I read was danger danger lol makes me feel better knowing it’s not as fragile as I read. Seen a few videos of RC vloggers tossing um around like nothing so made me start thinking it wasn’t that bad.

I guess the best comparison to me using a LiPo is like grandpa getting his first smart phone. We’ve all had a family member in those shoes ??‍♂️?

I about got on of those but went with venom dual pro.
I went a bit overkill for my needs and picked up a Hitec X2 400 charger. Nothing like having 2 400w channels to charge with, I really do need to invest in some parallel leads though.

When I was saying I have no idea about the brand I was being lax in my comms. I was meaning I have no experience or know much about them. @Jimbobjr says, they are very safe. There are just a few things to remember, not so much from a perspective of if you don't it will burn your house down every time, but simply to mitigate the risk but also get the most life out of your battery do you aren't destroying them every 5-6 cycles

When I was saying I have no idea about the brand I was being lax in my comms. I was meaning I have no experience or know much about them. @Jimbobjr says, they are very safe. There are just a few things to remember, not so much from a perspective of if you don't it will burn your house down every time, but simply to mitigate the risk but also get the most life out of your battery do you aren't destroying them every 5-6 cycles
Dynamite is a Horizon Hobbies brand, they make and have been making electronics for a few decades now. I have 2 of their batteries, 1 nimh charger, a set of wheels/tires, 1 brushed esc and a 20 year old nimh/nicd charger. The only thing I don't like is the tires they are rtr tires for my Ecx Ruckus, the compound is made out of the hardest rubber I have ever seen and they lack traction on pretty much every surface.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back