Kraton Picking up my new and first RC 4S today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRG4ARRMA

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Can’t wait to tear open the diffs and shocks to top them off and then check all the hardware! Any suggestions for a simple and effective method of strengthening the body? I figure I’ll be driving it on its roof a lot-at least at first.

Welcome aboard. Lots of debate about body reinforcement. Gorilla tape is the fastest and easiest. Drywall tape and ShoeGoo is used a lot.
Personally, I usually just let them get destroyed because I enjoy painting new ones! 😊

Any Arrma is good. 🤣 . I would just run it and see as you go. I like what @Dan B. said. Run it and have fun. Those lexan bodies are expendable. After you run it a few times you will know what you want. Have fun with it. 🏁

Welcome. Kraton 4s V2.5, you say? Excellent choice. That's the same one I got a couple of months ago. As far as strengthening the body, I used gorilla duct tape. I also went a bit further and added some additional body post protectors that I purchased as a set. I'll send a few photos for clarity. Once you open up your diffs, be prepared to have to add some diff fluid. Seems to be a common theme here. Enjoy!

20240217_112558[1].jpg

20240217_175953[1].jpg

20240217_180037[1].jpg

Oh, I’m not going to…I just wanted to sound cool…sorry 🙄🤪🏎️
No problem on my side, you sound so cool. 🤣 Sorry about all this. 😁. Just go balls to the wall.

Last edited:
Nice choice, sir!
I have red K4s 2.5 as my first big RC. For now I went the easy way and somewhat strengthened the body with gorilla tape.
You might also want to search around for a potential servo saver upgrade, as the stock one is rather weak (= bad steering). Kimbrough HD is often considered an easy upgrade (you'd need to dremel a bit to fit it). Some install Losi LMT ss, which appears to drastically improve the steering (not sure about its performance as servo SAVER tho).

Yeah, you'd definitely want to open and fill up all 3 diffs. Did this to mine before running the car. Center diff was... maybe 1/3 full. Strange.
Factory viscosity: F:10,000 C:500,000 R:10,000.

Thanks for your advice. I know I’ll need to address the servo/saver. Did you change front or rear diff fluids to higher viscosity? I’m just going to be ripping on grass mostly.

I would blast around stock then do the center differential, followed by the front differential and usually leave the rear alone a while. I usually run the car for a pack and then make a change so I can tell if its good or bad. Best to just run the crap out of it and fall in love before you get pissed at the stripped/loctite screws.

Thanks for your advice. I know I’ll need to address the servo/saver. Did you change front or rear diff fluids to higher viscosity? I’m just going to be ripping on grass mostly.
Center - added stock viscosity. F/R - added 12 500. Just because I did not have 10K. But you know, this viscosity thing is more about experimentation/what suits your style best.

Back