Vorteks Pinion advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vortex 2wd

Reaction score
So. Thinking of going 3s brushless on my vortex to try it on 2s
If I get the 3200 kv motor and leave the spur gear at the 48 pitch 91 tooth What pinion would anyone suggest. I get the brushless is a 5mm shaft

Yes. I will most likely get the 57 tooth mod .8 at some point. If I feel like doing 3s one day

Thanks

So. Thinking of going 3s brushless on my vortex to try it on 2s
If I get the 3200 kv motor and leave the spur gear at the 48 pitch 91 tooth What pinion would anyone suggest. I get the brushless is a 5mm shaft

Yes. I will most likely get the 57 tooth mod .8 at some point. If I feel like doing 3s one day

Thanks
Id try a 20t. Just so you know you arent going to be any faster unless you throw 3s at it and that 57t spur. Jennys RC has some slippers for cheap. Good luck!

Id try a 20t. Just so you know you arent going to be any faster unless you throw 3s at it and that 57t spur. Jennys RC has some slippers for cheap. Good luck!
O. Interesting. Didn't know that. Mk

Not being snarky. I figured that may be the case. But... wasn't sure

Last edited:
If you’re looking to get a new motor, why not just get the 3900 KV motor 50 tooth slipper and 20 tooth pinion. Basically it’s stock vendetta.

If you’re looking to get a new motor, why not just get the 3900 KV motor 50 tooth slipper and 20 tooth pinion. Basically it’s stock vendetta.
Guess I could. Guess I'm going more for torque than speed. Kv still throws me.

With the Vorteks, and its large wheels, wouldn't 50/20 be too tall gearing?? Running too hot with 3s Lipos?? :unsure: I could be wrong, IDK.
With stock 50/20, the Detta's final drive is different, running very small on road wheels. I don't own any 4x4, just going by the ultimate Final drive ratios for comparison purposes here. Tire rollout needs to be considered here.

I was thinking that the wheels would be small enough on the vortex that it would work even if you went down to a 15 to start with and it would be a good place to start with 2S. The good thing about 3S is that there are so many options.. personally, I would look at what the stock vertex comes with and put that in it. a friend of mine has one and it rips.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back