Kraton Pinion or Mid diff too tight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrmahelpmeplease

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 3s
Hey,

Recently noticed that my Kraton 6s made a loud screaming sound when at medium throttle. The sound is way louder and slightly higher pitched than normal. The sound is coming from the middle. The mid diff is Not broken and neither is the Pinion gear.

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

Hey,

Recently noticed that my Kraton 6s made a loud screaming sound when at medium throttle. The sound is way louder and slightly higher pitched than normal. The sound is coming from the middle. The mid diff is Not broken and neither is the Pinion gear.

Any help is appreciated

Cheers
Take it apart. Hard to diagnose sound from 1000 miles away lol. At the very least you will need to verify there is fluid inside. See if the bearings are moving freely by spinning the diff without the dogbones attached. Turn the center diff with both hands and make sure there is movement in the opposite direction etc. Its only 4 screws to remove, get dirty.
Motor is fine. Could it be that the pinion teeth are bent???
Oh yes, once I had a tooth break off and it made a weird sound like extra rattling. Turn the pinion slowly and you can verify if there is a tooth broken off.

Take it apart. Hard to diagnose sound from 1000 miles away lol. At the very least you will need to verify there is fluid inside. See if the bearings are moving freely by spinning the diff without the dogbones attached. Turn the center diff with both hands and make sure there is movement in the opposite direction etc. Its only 4 screws to remove, get dirty.

Oh yes, once I had a tooth break off and it made a weird sound like extra rattling. Turn the pinion slowly and you can verify if there is a tooth broken off.
Yep i changed gear and its gone

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back