Kraton EC5 Connectors too tight/hard to get off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opua

Reaction score
Hi to everyone, I have a lot of trouble taking the EC5 connectors apart from each other. Is there anything I can do? Maybe with sandpaper large grit size in order to smooth out a bit the connector... What do you think?
Thanks!

I had the same issue with the lead i use for charging. I just used some needle nose pliers to slightly squish the male bullet part of the connector. It doesn't take much, and its easy to go to far, but it worked for me.

Little bit of dielectric grease on the inside plastic may help, also disconnect them right away when the wires are still warm and connectors more pliable.

Make sure whatever you’re doing is not putting tensile stress on the wires from the connector, exposing the +/- strands will potentially lead to 🔥

Little bit of dielectric grease on the inside plastic may help, also disconnect them right away when the wires are still warm and connectors more pliable.

Make sure whatever you’re doing is not putting tensile stress on the wires from the connector, exposing the +/- strands will potentially lead to 🔥
This. A tiny dab on a q-tip, and swirl it around the inside of the battery plug.

Hi to everyone, I have a lot of trouble taking the EC5 connectors apart from each other. Is there anything I can do? Maybe with sandpaper large grit size in order to smooth out a bit the connector... What do you think?
Thanks!
I take a Q tip spray it with silicone and swab inside of the male plug and out side of the female plug and they slide easier.but you do need to do this every so often as the silicone drys up quick.olive oil works great to😁👍
This. A tiny dab on a q-tip, and swirl it around the inside of the battery plug.
Yeah same thing I do ,that's cool 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back