Kraton Pinion not connecting to diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImolaRed

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Yesterday I had a pretty big bash session and after one particular jump the truck was on it's back and then I heard a grinding and then the tires started spinning freely.

I noticed the pinion isn't catching onto the center diff, there is space now between them. Did my motor move? Or am I missing something else? Appreciate the help.

IMG_2369.JPG

Yes, your gear mesh came loose. Not familiar with that specific platform but looks like if you loosen those two screws on top you can slide the motor closer towards (or away from) the center diff.

Look up "setting gear mesh" or similar.

Yesterday I had a pretty big bash session and after one particular jump the truck was on it's back and then I heard a grinding and then the tires started spinning freely.

I noticed the pinion isn't catching onto the center diff, there is space now between them. Did my motor move? Or am I missing something else? Appreciate the help.

View attachment 327019

Exactly what @Arise0185 said. Don't forget the loctite.

Awesome. Thank you everyone. I'll get on it, obviously needs some loctite if it moved that easy.

I have a 3DRC motor support on order, might wait till I get that since it looks like I have to take the motor out for that anyway.

@ImolaRed , while you are in there, get yourself better Motor meshing Screws. The stocker 2.5 mm hexed Button head screws strip out easily, especially when using A Blue Threadlocker. A must with any metal on metal fasteners. Most of us change out these screws from the start with the 6s line of Arrma's.
Locate (2) 3mm hexed Socket head M4 screws. 16-18mm long. Use (2) M4 washers with them. Socket heads have a deeper hex, and 3mm size affords a better hex purchase overall. The Home Depot sometimes has these M4 screws and washers.
Yeah your Pinion looks to be toast. A good oportunity to get a slightly larger Pinion now. One or 2 teeth bigger. Tekno pinions are great. The Arrma ones tend to wear out more quickly. And eventually take out the Spur gear as well. And Proper mesh is very important as stated above. The pinion Grub screw should be clean and use a dab of TL there as well. Always Let TL cure for 24 hours before running it.
Good luck.

Edited
:cool:

>>> If you do strip the OE hex screws, use a dremel or similar to make a straight cut. Then use a Flat head screwdriver to remove them.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back