Talion Pinion Size for Better Air Control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatRARAguy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hey everyone,

I've been having trouble controlling my Talion on 6s in the air. While it's pretty stable, it's hard to correct the car in the air. I'm on stock Katars, with punch at 9 and I cannot get the car to flip or even lift the front end when I'm going to nose dive when hitting any sized jump. Im still on stock diff fluids too. Would changing diff fluids be enough to get the car to handle better in the air, which I plan on changing and going thicker, or, would it be even more helpful to change to a bigger pinion? I'm on the 13t, but I think the speed 20t is too much. If I was going to change pinion I was thinking of maybe 15 or 16t. I'm aware that my motor may get a bit warmer, but I've got the Power hobby dual fan to keep it a little cooler. Please let me know.

I felt the same for my noto 6s and I changed the center diff to 500k and it turned it into a whole other beast. Also I put a 14t pinion and its so great in the air now. Hope this helps.

I felt the same for my noto 6s and I changed the center diff to 500k and it turned it into a whole other beast. Also I put a 14t pinion and its so great in the air now. Hope this helps.
Have you run into any temp issues?

I changed it to the 16t that came with it from the 12t it did get pretty got quick but 14t im having no issues with at all. It was the perfect balance right in between and gave me the power and control I was looking for in the air.

I changed it to the 16t that came with it from the 12t it did get pretty got quick but 14t im having no issues with at all. It was the perfect balance right in between and gave me the power and control I was looking for in the air.
Do you know if I can use different brand pinions? I know I need a Mod1 5mm bore, but was wondering if any of the other brands would work? Like Tekno or ProTec etc

The 14t i have is not arrma. As long as its mod1 and 5mm shaft it should be just fine. Put the eclip to help of course. I don't have the safed pinion and it works just fine for me.

Swap over to Backflip LP, Katars do not have enough mass to give good air control. You will blow the tires apart if you gear up higher.

I use my talion exclusively for jumping . I use backflip lp tires and a 20t pinion with stock electronics.

Typical recommendations
30-50k front
300-500k center
30-50k rear

I run 30/500/30. It depends highly on your driving style but you want to go higher than stock to avoid wheel blow out when a tire lifts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back