Talion Pinion/ spur noisy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10AC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Talion
I have a Arrma Talion EXB. Pinion and spur gears are so noisy. Is this normal? Checked the mesh snd its great. Remeshed again using the paper method. Same. Is this normal? Is it because its Mod1? Thanks yall

That's normal with metal on metal gears.

You should here the spool on a limitless. Omg

I found my gears to be noiser than normal and had a few chipped teeth which were barely noticeable. Once replaced, i don't find them be all that noisy now.

I have to agree it's probably normal. I have the Talion EXB and it screams. It even got louder when I added heavier fluid to the diffs. Just keep bashing. If it breaks then you can worry about it lol.

With the alloy motor mount, alloy chassis and metal spur/pinion, the sound gets transferred and amplified. The alloy chassis is kind of like a speaker.

If it goes from loud to louder, then you may have tweaked your motor mount, mesh has moved or pinion is worn.

I notice metal on metal in my slashpede 4x4 with 1/8th electronics is nowhere near as noisy as my kraton or outcast. All my other trucks have plastic spurs, so they are pretty quiet comparatively.

I haven't done it, but I read that some people put a wax based dry lube on the gears (meant for bike chains) on the pinion and spur and it helps quiet it down. I keep meaning to try this. It's one of my gripes about the setup. I assume a plastic spur wouldn't last very long in a basher. Are there other gear meshes that are quieter though (other than the mod1)?

I haven't done it, but I read that some people put a wax based dry lube on the gears (meant for bike chains) on the pinion and spur and it helps quiet it down. I keep meaning to try this. It's one of my gripes about the setup. I assume a plastic spur wouldn't last very long in a basher. Are there other gear meshes that are quieter though (other than the mod1)?
I use it, but it lasts about 5 minutes to quiet it at all. Then it sounds normal after the wax lube is smashed/flung away.

Damn I'm totally going to try this! I have dry chain lube that I bought for my rc's but I didn't think to use it on the pinion.

Ok, thanks yall! Guess im just not use to it. A friend just bought a Talion today. Ill see how his is on Friday bashing! Ill purchase a spare spur and pinion just in case.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back