Please educate me on 6s diffs…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imo exb diffs are more durable they have the beef factor. If it was my build I would go exb diffs no question as you can run them open.

The positive of this is they are customizable. The slipper discs inside can be arranged for a variety of limited slip settings or removed entirely and reshimmed for a more traditional feel.

Digging up an older thread. Do I understand correctly then that if you configure a LSD as open, then you're back to just using the oil weight to set them up the way you want? So if you find you don't like the feel of the limited slip feature for whatever reason, then you can 100% go back to the traditional differential feel, if you rework it as open? In that sense, no real downside to having a LSD, other than cost of replacement parts?

Last edited:
Digging up an older thread. Do I understand correctly then that if you configure a LSD as open, then you're back to just using the oil weight to set them up the way you want? So if you find you don't like the feel of the limited slip feature for whatever reason, then you can 100% go back to the traditional differential feel, if you rework it as open? In that sense, no real downside to having a LSD, other than cost of replacement parts?
Correct. If you don’t like how it feels lsd than you can set it up to be open. Then your still making use of the wider teeth on the ring gear 👍🏻👍🏻

Correct. If you don’t like how it feels lsd than you can set it up to be open. Then your still making use of the wider teeth on the ring gear

Great, thank you. Really eyeing the Outcast 6S (lobbying with management for approval if you know what I mean)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back