Big Rock Please help horrible

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kusher

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Notorious
  4. Voltage
so i was just out running my truck in the leaves and it started making a godawful sound. From what I can tell its coming from inside the piece behind the spur gear that houses the gears that turn the back wheels?? I took off the motor and spur to see if something came loose in there but nothing was . The picture is where I'm thinking. The piece right in the middle. Anyone know anything? Or any tips? Truck only 2 weeks old..

20210121_190024.jpg

I stripped mine like 3days after I got it. Just make sure when you jump to let off throttle before you land

Found the problem totally stripped out. Are there upgraded parts o can get so this doesn't happen again?? 😠😖😖
20210121_200241.jpg

Will this work for the truck?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210121-201507_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210121-201507_Chrome.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
yessir thank you I found that out a few minutes ago and went ahead got what I needed. Just socks now I have all this downtime till they get here..

You need these

Screenshot_20210121-224843_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210121-224708_Chrome.jpg

yessir thank you I found that out a few minutes ago and went ahead got what I needed. Just socks now I have all this downtime till they get here..
Should order a couple to have one on hand for next time. Start getting some extra parts so you have less down time c-hubs and steering blocks tend to get broken on mine. I like to hit mailboxes 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I like trees myself lol. I actually took it on its first proper skate park bash. Still learning control in the air so was going easy lol till the end when I sent it flying.....right into the top of a 🌳. 😄 🤣. I went ahead and ordered a few and a whole setup to have extra box as well. First thing thats happened since I got it besides the servo lol so was waiting to start stockpiling until I actual broke something. I was surprised 😮 I didn't brake it in half today i ran 4 packs 2: 2s, 2: 3s so that might have done it there lol. Either way was a blast!

Yes, loosen the slipper. It will help protect the drivetrain from stripping gears.

Had my big rock over a week now still haven’t used due to weather. I’ve thread locked all metal on metal screws motors screws etc. And tightened the slipper clutch. I’ve just seen the person on this thread strip there gear due to having too tight does this mean I should adjust mine looser abit? All help appreciated as I’m a noob.

Start on the loose end...test it and tighten until you like the way it drives. Overly tight slipper will strip gears and blow out drive shafts especially on 3S.

Well that is good to know . I think mine is a little too tight from what I'm being told and what happened. So will be the first thing I do as soon as i get it back together.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back