Kraton Please help me select

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I am new to RC vehicles...by now you guys have lots of experience with both models, Kraton 4s v2 and 6s v5 due to my nil experience I would like the one that has minimum upgrades, repairs, maintenance, etc. I am not to much into the field of bashing but my truck must be able to handle it. With all this being said I am really considering the Kraton but if you guys think I should consider another model pls share, let me know what you guys think.

I am new to RC vehicles...by now you guys have lots of experience with both models, Kraton 4s v2 and 6s v5 due to my nil experience I would like the one that has minimum upgrades, repairs, maintenance, etc. I am not to much into the field of bashing but my truck must be able to handle it. With all this being said I am really considering the Kraton but if you guys think I should consider another model pls share, let me know what you guys think.

Strongly consider the Kraton 6S v5 (over the K4S v2)

Been around awhile now ,up to version 5 as you know.
It's a solid and proven chassis.
Easy to work on and Maintain >> That's the key to having a really good design AND long lasting rig [Good maintenance, Hint hint. You'll need to get in there to learn to wrench on your own vehicle(s). It's usually never just one rig, they can multiply quickly once you get bitten by the RC bug. Ask me how I know. 🤣]

Also, for the simple fact of having availability of OEM parts. Let alone all the aftermarket parts available too.

And, Welcome to the Ranch!
This is a great forum. You're going to love it here!

Good luck and have Fun!!

+1 on the RTR V5 6s Kraton.(y)(y)
This is the best Arrma platform to cut your teeth on. A mature platform that put Arrma on the Map and still going strong. And Upgrade parts support is also the best with this Alloy chassis'ed platform
I am sure some others may feel the 4x4 3s line is where to start. Being slightly cheaper. But will require some serious $upgrades$ to avoid some inherent pitfalls with drivetrain durability.
@Tex Koder and I agree.... 6s Kraton
Welcome to AF.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of the RTR 6S line of Arrma's. 6s Typhon has been very popular also. So versatile.
Can even do some serious speed runs with the Typhon Platform.
How the Speed Running thing got its start. Based on the Typhon.

Kraton 4s v2
-longer hinge pins AR330731. Direct fit.
Originals have the end rounded and tends to lead to broken chassis. That part has went Back order. You might be able to find it at hobbyshop tho.

-better hinge pin brackets front and rear to pair with ARA330731

-better servo saver. Few options availailable

-adding preload to the tower to tower brace. To increase the chassis regidity

Kraton 6s v5
-rpm skidplate or bumper for the rear
-exb front bumper with 3d printed spring
-3d printed wing mount
-optional EXB diffs(3) with the open diff kit
-aluminum chassis braces with longer mounting screws(if you end up breaking the screw head in a crash you have a way to remove them from the other side)
-aluminum hot racing rear bulkhead.
-m2c outdrives for rear and center diffs

Those are what i have on my trucks. They have been very durable without breaking the bank. The RTR chassis on the v5 are very good. I have the exb and RTR and both are holding up. They have both bent once because of the Tower to tower brace. The slightest of nose impact the rear of the chassis near the gearbox will bend. All the energy is sent to that pivot point. That bar was added after extreme bashers/influences started doing this out of metal tubes and zipties. It was a good idea but poorly executed from arrma. But they did it right on the 4s line by adding a ruber damper

Welcome to the forum. I have the V5 Kraton I have recently upgraded. I really like the 6S platform. There is less than 100 dollars between 4S and 6S RTR. I would recommend going with the 6S and using 4S power if that is your preference. In my opinion it is a better deal and room to grow if needed.

I love my 4s V2. Lighter than the 6s so it hooks and books without digging in to the ground as much. I also like the tire size compared to weight ratio. With the big tires and less weight it is responsive in the air. It also has a bigger tire contact patch on the ground compared to its weight, so for example I can ride on top of snow better, instead of digging the tires in and bellying out and getting stuck. Less initial investment cost at $460 for the 4s (or reduced to $430 often) compared to $550 for the 6s. Plus the 4s batteries are cheaper than 2 3s or 1 6s. It also doesn’t need immediate upgrades to rip.

I love my 4s V2. Lighter than the 6s so it hooks and books without digging in to the ground as much. I also like the tire size compared to weight ratio. With the big tires and less weight it is responsive in the air. It also has a bigger tire contact patch on the ground compared to its weight, so for example I can ride on top of snow better, instead of digging the tires in and bellying out and getting stuck. Less initial investment cost at $460 for the 4s (or reduced to $430 often) compared to $550 for the 6s. Plus the 4s batteries are cheaper than 2 3s or 1 6s. It also doesn’t need immediate upgrades to rip.

Good points made.

However, if you look around the Classifieds you can find some Really Good deals on a New K6Sv5
$450 w/free shipping

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/2x-nib-arrma-kraton-6s-v5-rtr-for-sale.62213/

Would need to act fast ,they go quick..

Welcome to the forum. I have the V5 Kraton I have recently upgraded. I really like the 6S platform. There is less than 100 dollars between 4S and 6S RTR. I would recommend going with the 6S and using 4S power if that is your preference. In my opinion it is a better deal and room to grow if needed.
+1
And yes 4s wil provide plenty of fun. The drivetrain and all else will be more durable as you develope better driving skills.
On 6s, it is always balls to the wall faster. And not the best way to learn. While breaking much in the process. I run 4s occasionally as well with most of my 6s rigs. My Typhon TLRT is only running 4s. And it drives so nicely.
These 6s 1/8 track based platform designs were originally designed around 4s lipos max. Running 6s has become a Basher thing. Nothing wrong with 4s lipo on this platform. With the right gearing on 4s packs, you will be surprised how fast it goes. All while being more driveable and durable overall.

Last edited:
I love my 4S Kraton but it's such a negligible price increase for the 6S for the awesome upgrades you get, it's a no-brainer to go for the 6S IMO. Plus the aftermarket accessories and upgrades are insane for the 6S. I also think it's got the best possible power to weight ratio as far as RC trucks go. It's like 2.5 pounds heavier than the 4S, and going to the 8S is like >10 pounds heavier and it's gigantic. 6S strikes a great balance between size and power.

Thanks you guys for all your support and information it really help me towards my choice the Kraton 6s v5....I am thinking about running one 6s battery and would appreciate the brand of battery you guys recommend for the beast

I have Arrma 3S, 6S, and 8S + a few other brands. I really like them all... Fun Hobby!

Added a cover plus roof rails

The roof rails really do help!

Last edited:
What single 6S battery fit in the Kraton 6S V5 battery compartment that you guys know of and what's the minimum battery requirement to operate. Thanks

For bashing, I like to use hoovo 6s from Amazon. BTW, I'm the only REAL one man army! LOL JK, Welcome to the Forum!

a733a6f7-ce40-4c12-9ad6-23ddaee2c618.gif

All I had was 8s trucks, so I went with a k4sv2. I liked it so much I bought one for parts. 3s and 6s are for my airplanes. One day I will look at the k6s but for now i am happy with 4s/8s in trucks and 3s/6s in planes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back