Polo Creations light kit install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jrizzle69

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock
  3. BigRock 4x4
  4. Nero
Hey everyone. I just got my polo creations light kit for my Big Rock V3. I'm curious how to cut the body without destroying it so what's the trick to cutting the body to install a set of headlights and a set of tail lights. I know there is probably a million ways to do it but I was wondering what is easiest and simple way to cut out the holes to install the lights. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I was ready to put a razor knife to it but I figured I'd ask around to see everyone else's opinion on how they cut the holes. Thanks

Hey everyone. I just got my polo creations light kit for my Big Rock V3. I'm curious how to cut the body without destroying it so what's the trick to cutting the body to install a set of headlights and a set of tail lights. I know there is probably a million ways to do it but I was wondering what is easiest and simple way to cut out the holes to install the lights. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I was ready to put a razor knife to it but I figured I'd ask around to see everyone else's opinion on how they cut the holes. Thanks

A drill bit of the correct size makes the install easy peasy..

Attached to a power drill ,of course.

Not with the old school way...
1702354749207.png

A drill bit of the correct size makes the install easy peasy..

Attached to a power drill ,of course.

Not with the old school way...
View attachment 336629
I wasn't sure how to go about cutting the body without destroying it. I was thinking about maybe using some heat and a razor knife or an X-acto knife. I also thought maybe a dremel tool with one of those router type drill bits. I guess I'll go with what I know. I just figured I'd ask to see if anyone had an easier way to cut the holes out.

I wasn't sure how to go about cutting the body without destroying it. I was thinking about maybe using some heat and a razor knife or an X-acto knife. I also thought maybe a dremel tool with one of those router type drill bits. I guess I'll go with what I know. I just figured I'd ask to see if anyone had an easier way to cut the holes out.

Are the lights Not simply round??

N
Are the lights Not simply round??
No, those are not. They're shaped specifically to fit the contours & front end of the BR to make them look OEM. They look a lot better than just regular old round lights for sure.

N

No, those are not. They're shaped specifically to fit the contours & front end of the BR to make them look OEM. They look a lot better than just regular old round lights for sure.

oh...
I didn't realize.
Photos of said lights would have been helpful.

Okay.
Something like this would work better.
A precision hot knife
Screenshot_20231212-074430.png

Last edited:
oh...
I didn't realize.
Photos of said lights would have been helpful.

Okay.
Something like this would work better.
A precision hot knife
View attachment 336652
Bought one similar last year ,used it one time on a hobao cover and it destorted the plastic.it melted it and doesn't give a clean cut.not on plastic from my experience.🤷I returned it .bought my self precision scissors instead.if ya do use this be careful.good luck
On small openings like for light buckets , scorching the plastic with a sharp razor blaze , little by little untill you can snap the sides off work best .or if you keep scoring untill you go through

I've had good luck using trim scissors and a Dremel with a tip similar to this.... you can plunge cut with it, then once you have an opening use the scissors to take out bigger chunks, then back to the Dremel to smooth it all out. The smaller the dremel tip the sharper the radius .
Screenshot 2023-12-12 092750.jpg

@Jrizzle69 how did your install go? The lights are flat so they don’t exactly sit flush on the slightly curved body (at least on the front).
I haven't even installed them yet because after waiting almost a month to get order when I finally received it and opened to check it out I noticed I was a couple peices short. With the headlights and fog lights is there only a front bucket or are they supposed to have front and rear buckets? I saw rear buckets in another picture on there web site and I don't have them or the rear light?>

I haven't even installed them yet because after waiting almost a month to get order when I finally received it and opened to check it out I noticed I was a couple peices short. With the headlights and fog lights is there only a front bucket or are they supposed to have front and rear buckets? I saw rear buckets in another picture on there web site and I don't have them or the rear light?>
This is Polo for you, long delivery times and pieces missing - he will respond and even get you a shipping notice that will not ever ship - sorry to be all in negative on Polo but I didn't heed others about staying away from them and paid the price. Best bet is to threaten some sort of action to get a response. Really hope they changed their ways but history says....

This is Polo for you, long delivery times and pieces missing - he will respond and even get you a shipping notice that will not ever ship - sorry to be all in negative on Polo but I didn't heed others about staying away from them and paid the price. Best bet is to threaten some sort of action to get a response. Really hope they changed their ways but history says....
That's the only way I got a response finally got them and there's alot of pieces with no instructions

They wouldn’t respond to my emails, calls went unanswered and never got any replies to text (according to the site texting is an option). It must have been two months of waiting I decided to go thought PayPal to get my money back. It wasn’t until PayPal got involved that Polo finally decided to send out my order.

Back