Pretty disapointed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned a while ago that the whole monthly payments for a phone thing is a scam. Once I discovered that you can buy unlocked phones for $250 outright online, I've been doing that ever since.

Nothing wrong with that, if ain't broke, don't replace it!
Yeah, I've never done the payment thing for a phone. Buy unlocked, usually refurb'd, and bring it to StraightTalk.. I have looked into "Visible" by Verizon but, sounds hokey from what I've found. They have a forum, people complain of buying unlocked new phones from Best Buy with a free month of Visable service, only to be denied by Visible. They say the phone is not compatible? IDK..sound like a headache. No thanks.
I honestly had way more enthusiasm for the K8s when they were first released.... Truly was all in back when. Because I am still a degenerate RC'er.
Would it help if I told ya you can install droop screws on them?🤷‍♂️😉
Or that my v1 K8S rtr came with EXB front shocks?🙄

Last edited:
Maybe it's just RC black friday deals? I did spend quite a bit on deals this weekend, like historically low priced stuff. Aside from a new PC build, I picked up two new galaxy s23 FE's for my wife and I for $325 each with a trade in of our old s10's. Yeah it's no S23 ultra or whatever, but dang, $325 it was an absolute no brainer. Especially coming from a 4 year old s10.

I concur.

The mountain bike industry is in a pretty rough shape these days, as many companies are having overstock issues. There were a lot of excellent deals to be found.

North Shore Billet, a Canadian components company that has NEVER offered BF discounts in the past were offering 30% off on everything. There were also many companies offering 40% off on pretty much everything.

I bought:
- a 1200$CDN fork for 595$
- a >600$CDN disc brake set for 275$
- a 600$CDN cassette for 350$C.
- a frame 25% (~800$) off
- and some other stuff

I did spend a lot, but I figured some of these prices were too good to pass.

You're going to be shocked to find out most of these black friday / cyber monday "deals" aren't deals after all.

I used to work in retail and can remember the day before setting out new prices on most items that were increased in price, only to offer a 20% off. On paper it looked like you got a deal only in reality you could get the same item at the same price and sometimes lower price on other days.

On another forum of mine we were talking about pots and pans. Someone mentioned the HexClad was "on sale" when in fact their "sale" price has has always been the same $399 for the set that price hasn't changed over the last year. The only thing that changed was the MSRP price, it has constantly jumped around $50-150... which no one ever pays.

Black Friday / Cyber Monday isn't for you... it's for the retailers.
Important to use price tracking
My hobbyshop sold a fireteam for 550$ cad. Had some wheels and tires but wih 0 offset for 50$ off. So 25$ a set. But because of the offset it Hit the suspension arms when turning even wih hex extenders
I did also order some thermometer for my fig tree room, said 19.99$ off but actually its retail is 16.99$ and it was for 14.25$ so i saved 2$ instead of 5$. Also bough grow shop lights 2 weeks ago for 123$ and they were at 104$ this week end. Worth to return to buy them again?

Last edited:
I concur.

The mountain bike industry is in a pretty rough shape these days, as many companies are having overstock issues. There were a lot of excellent deals to be found.

North Shore Billet, a Canadian components company that has NEVER offered BF discounts in the past were offering 30% off on everything. There were also many companies offering 40% off on pretty much everything.

I bought:
- a 1200$CDN fork for 595$
- a >600$CDN disc brake set for 275$
- a 600$CDN cassette for 350$C.
- a frame 25% (~800$) off
- and some other stuff

I did spend a lot, but I figured some of these prices were too good to pass.
North shore billet is offering discounts? Scuse me folks, my wallet is about to get lighter.

IMG_6431.jpeg

Important to use price tracking
My hobbyshop sold a fireteam for 550$ cad. Had some wheels and tires but wih 0 offset for 50$ off. So 25$ a set. But because of the offset it Hit the suspension arms when turning even wih hex extenders
I did also order some thermometer for my fig tree room, said 19.99$ off but actually its retail is 16.99$ and it was for 14.25$ so i saved 2$ instead of 5$. Also bough grow shop lights 2 weeks ago for 123$ and they were at 104$ this week end. Worth to return to buy them again?
When HH had the FT $400.00 sale, they also extended that discount to the LHS's. So some of them sold them at decent prices, while other LHS's kept the profit margin and sold them at Retail prices, after the $400.00 sale was over.
For HH, selling to LHS or direct to us online is still a sale made. Moving their inventory out the door. LHS's always have room to bargain, if they want to make a sale to any customer. Sitting on Inventory that gets Old is NG. Especially with brands that constantly go through Revisions. Like with Arrma's. And revisions don't necesarily cost more in every case. Yet the Price is always increased, like $20-$50. with every new Arrma revision/update. Funny how a K6s was like $200. less $$$ only 4-5 years ago. Greed causes this, not always Inflation, or being a better product.
If you want to suport your LHS whole heartedly, that is fine. Just don't complain about prices. Youy might as well become a business partner with your LHS. What you are doing.
Online sales for best prices are here to stay. "Support your LHS" is just an RC Industry marketting thing phrase that's supposed to give you that warm cozy feeling of supporting the little guy, to counter the Online purchase Giants.. There are many views on this. This is mine.

Last edited:
When HH had the $400.00 sale, they also extended that discount to the LHS's. So some of them sold them at decent prices, while other LHS's kept the profit margin and sold them at Retail prices, after the $400.00 sale was over.
For HH, selling to LHS or direct to us online is still a sale made. Moving their inventory out the door. LHS's always have room to bargain, if they want to make a sale to any customer. Sitting on Inventory that gets Old is NG.
A real "eye opener" when they mark em down that far.. like, how much profit are they really making at $699? Answer, a LOT!!🤬

I truly believe these 6s Arrmas for instance are literally somewhere in the $100.00 range, costing to make. With both Labor and materials. Only with China outsourcing can they make this type of profit margin. Look at the poor QC we have to deal with. Not surprising TBH. Child labor etc. I bet. Inhumane labor practices in China. Slave labor camps etc. Fact. HH supports this. So we ultimately do as well. :cry:
Is it a wonder why there is no way to find exactly where in China, Arrmas are actually made. All secretive stuff. :cautious:

30% off with the code GIMME30

Today is probably the last day. I couldn't resist and I got a stem and pedals combo + some other small stuff! :)
I guess the way I see pricing of bicycles is much the same as non rc enthusiasts see rc pricing..you paid how much for that bike?!🤣🤣
Back in the day (say 1995), I paid around $900 for a full suspension GT. Now I see $5k and I'm like WTF?🤣🤣
I truly believe these 6s Arrmas for instance are literally somewhere in the $100.00 range, costing to make. With both Labor and materials. Only with China outsourcing can they make this type of profit margin. Look at the poor QC we have to deal with. Not surprising TBH. Child labor etc. I bet. Inhumane labor practices in China. Slave labor camps etc. Fact. HH supports this. So we ultimately do as well. :cry:
Is it a wonder why there is no way to find exactly where in China, Arrmas are actually made. All secretive stuff. :cautious:
Yeah, no one REALLY wants the truth..well, not me at least. Give me more, and cheaper!!😉🤣🤷‍♂️

Yeah tell me about it. I rather build up my own from scratch, a high end weight weenie 26 pounder $5k bike, and all for under $1k now. It can be done. My other Hobby. Just need to start with a good Donor Frame. CF or whatever you prefer.

Yeah tell me about it. I rather build up my own from scratch, a high end weight weenie 26 pounder $5k bike, and all for under $1k now. It can be done. My other Hobby. Just need to start with a good Donor Frame. CF or whatever you prefer.
So, you think CF frame will hold my 290lb mass?🤔🤣🤣 Yeah, I'm a slob!!😜

It's always a hard core money grab, in the end.
Many Big companies have, and more are, moving out of China FWIW. China is having big labor shortage issues now. They actully allow and want more Births now. The CCP uses their people as a commodity for slave labor, while lining their CCP pockets.
We buy RC's to have Fun which is priceless. And not because they have any true $value$ in what we end up paying. Our wallets dictate from there what we end up with and can afford. Sometimes we get that deal of the century which is a blessing... Most times not.

Last edited:
I guess the way I see pricing of bicycles is much the same as non rc enthusiasts see rc pricing..you paid how much for that bike?!🤣🤣
Back in the day (say 1995), I paid around $900 for a full suspension GT. Now I see $5k and I'm like WTF?🤣🤣

Yeah, no one REALLY wants the truth..well, not me at least. Give me more, and cheaper!!😉🤣🤷‍♂️

Ha! Yeah... The price for high-end bikes has increased a lot.

I paid a lot for that new bike project. I build my bikes from the frame up and they generally end up costing in the 7-10k$CDN range. I don't know how much exactly, as I purchased the individual components here and there depending on deals I could find.

It would be possible to pay less by buying complete bikes, but going custom is a lot of fun and I like having chosen and installed every single part on my bike. There are always compromises on complete bikes and I much prefer building it right from the start instead of buying a cheaper complete bike on which I will want to upgrade the cockpit, then the brake set, then the wheelset, etc. Buy once, cry once. :)

So, you think CF frame will hold my 290lb mass?🤔🤣🤣 Yeah, I'm a slob!!😜
Dude , you got to ride more........No, I don't even recommend a roady CF Fork for you.......:giggle:

It's an unspoken rule in the mtb community... If your bike doesn't cost more than your car you're doing it wrong.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back