Pretty disapointed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're going to be shocked to find out most of these black friday / cyber monday "deals" aren't deals after all.

I used to work in retail and can remember the day before setting out new prices on most items that were increased in price, only to offer a 20% off. On paper it looked like you got a deal only in reality you could get the same item at the same price and sometimes lower price on other days.

On another forum of mine we were talking about pots and pans. Someone mentioned the HexClad was "on sale" when in fact their "sale" price has has always been the same $399 for the set that price hasn't changed over the last year. The only thing that changed was the MSRP price, it has constantly jumped around $50-150... which no one ever pays.

Black Friday / Cyber Monday isn't for you... it's for the retailers.

For the last year I've been earning side cash doing consumer reporting surveys ect and I have noticed the trickery that many use like rewording sales to make it seem like a hot sale but when checkout comes prices never really changes its kinda sad what people believe when the red tag comes up
You're going to be shocked to find out most of these black friday / cyber monday "deals" aren't deals after all.

I used to work in retail and can remember the day before setting out new prices on most items that were increased in price, only to offer a 20% off. On paper it looked like you got a deal only in reality you could get the same item at the same price and sometimes lower price on other days.

On another forum of mine we were talking about pots and pans. Someone mentioned the HexClad was "on sale" when in fact their "sale" price has has always been the same $399 for the set that price hasn't changed over the last year. The only thing that changed was the MSRP price, it has constantly jumped around $50-150... which no one ever pays.

Black Friday / Cyber Monday isn't for you... it's for the retailers.
Agreed
Best deals I find are random and you can only catch them if your on looking everyday cause when you get a real good deal it only last a few hrs before it's gone like the 200$ detta sale or the outcast roller at 400

Last edited:
Retailers are getting exposed over bogus BF deals, Target got so lazy they didnt even bother removing the evidence, just slap a BF sale tag over the everyday one.
Screenshot_20231127_064948_Chrome.jpg

This isn't a new thing. 20 years ago I remember a department store that kept all of their tags on items and just changed the one in front.

At times I would just find the cheapest in the pile and move it up front. They would sell it to me at the "marked" price no questions asked.

Maybe it's just RC black friday deals? I did spend quite a bit on deals this weekend, like historically low priced stuff. Aside from a new PC build, I picked up two new galaxy s23 FE's for my wife and I for $325 each with a trade in of our old s10's. Yeah it's no S23 ultra or whatever, but dang, $325 it was an absolute no brainer. Especially coming from a 4 year old s10.

Maybe it's just RC black friday deals? I did spend quite a bit on deals this weekend, like historically low priced stuff. Aside from a new PC build, I picked up two new galaxy s23 FE's for my wife and I for $325 each with a trade in of our old s10's. Yeah it's no S23 ultra or whatever, but dang, $325 it was an absolute no brainer. Especially coming from a 4 year old s10.
I'm paying for my ultra 9 $a month to the tune of 1200 total and 2 months later found them new unlocked online for 250 slap to the face from. Verizon

Yeah, I'm so enamored with rc's, I didn't even think about looking for a new phone!?🤣🤣
I'm rocking a 2019 Galaxy Crown J7!! Free from StraightTalk in 2019.. an S10 would be a legit upgrade from this thing!!🤣🤣
It's all about priorities I suppose..tech stuff isn't a priority for me. I've spent more (far more) on rc's in the last year than I paid for my 1:1 daily driver nearly 3 years ago..🤔🤷‍♂️🤣

I think, if you think of a true, good deal? don't. . :rolleyes:
Good luck.

Last edited:
After paying full price on the fireteam just to learn they sold at 400 on bf last year I was really hoping to see better sales this year
I feel your pain.
I would never have purchased the FT if not for Black friday 2022 last year. Pretty expensive for what it is IMHO. And I've been doing RC for 35+ years. There are some RC's that are just not worth their asking price. I only regret not buying 3 of the FT's at 4 bills each, in retrospect. I could have sold them for a modest profit and still passed on a good deal to another fellow RC'er.
But the FT is still my go to RC one year later. A very nice rig, with a few added durability mods out the box, as with all RC's.
This year Black Friday was a complete fail wherever you went shopping and online, little inventory as well, whatever the product.
If you want a FT, try looking for a used one, or consider paying full price. Amain Hobbies sometimes has bonus points for some modest savings as well. I am sure you could save$$ if you shop it hard enough. Or just pay Retail if you absolutely want one. Most of my 9 bought Arrmas were full price. RC Deals are slim and rare anyway.
The FT when introduced last year was quite a slow seller, so HH decided to blow them out at 4 bills, to get sales and exposure going. It seems to have gotten more popular after last year's Black Friday sale. I think the new BRCC 1/7 scale 6s platform is the hot item this year. Something to consider as well. Probably the closest thing to a FT. Less the body.
:cool:

Last edited:
I feel your pain.
I would never have purchased the FT if not for Black friday 2022 last year. Pretty expensive for what it is IMHO. And I've been doing RC for 35+ years. There are some RC's that are just not worth their asking price. I only regret not buying 3 of the FT's at 4 bills each, in retrospect. I could have sold them for a modest profit and still passed on a good deal to another fellow RC'er.
But the FT is still my go to RC one year later. A very nice rig, with a few added durability mods out the box, as with all RC's.
This year Black Friday was a complete fail wherever you went shopping and online, little inventory as well, whatever the product.
If you want a FT, try looking for a used one, or consider paying full price. Aman Hobbies sometimes has bonus points for some modest savings as well. I am sure you could save$$ if you shop it hard enough. Or just pay Retail if you absolutely want one. Most of my 9 bought Arrmas were full price. RC Deals are slim and rare anyway.
The FT when introduced last year was quite a slow seller, so HH decided to blow them out at 4 bills, to get sales and exposure going. I seems to have gotten more popular after last year's Black Friday sale.
:cool:
Yeah, rc deals typically aren't corresponding to BF or Cyber Monday I don't think.. just when the economy is slumping or a particular model isn't selling.
I did get what I thought (at the time) was a good deal on a v1 K8S for $755. Then of course Tower gives 20% off to Super Saver members which brought the v2 8s EXB down to $800.. oh well. Can't win em all I guess. I'm still stoked about a K8S for $755, peeps want that for used..

Retailers are getting exposed over bogus BF deals, Target got so lazy they didnt even bother removing the evidence, just slap a BF sale tag over the everyday one.
View attachment 334276
What a scam. They all do that. Calling it a sale when it is surely NOT. I guess they are betting on stupid people to buy, just because it is Black Friday. Nothing new here. I have even seen marked up prices from summer regular pricing on Black Friday's.
An educated consumer is the best shopper.(y)
Yeah, rc deals typically aren't corresponding to BF or Cyber Monday I don't think.. just when the economy is slumping or a particular model isn't selling.
I did get what I thought (at the time) was a good deal on a v1 K8S for $755. Then of course Tower gives 20% off to Super Saver members which brought the v2 8s EXB down to $800.. oh well. Can't win em all I guess. I'm still stoked about a K8S for $755, peeps want that for used..
I've seen some great deals all year long on the K8s. I watch all them prices....... even at LHS's etc. Making deals. Many LHS's bend over backwards trying to sell off their K8s inventory. Many LHS's don't mind splitting their profit margin for a K8S Sell. They take up too much room on their shelves.:ROFLMAO:
Please convince me that I want a 30 pound K8S.:LOL: I need an RC that is a real challenge to own......
I think there is a 20- 30% retail MAP margin over HH Cost with most of these Arrma's. I don't think HH made much money at $400.00 with the FT blow out sale.
I think by the time these are Manufactured and boxed, the FT for example only truly costs $100.00 give or take, in actuality. Shipping and overhead bumps that up some for HH. They can absorb some of that hit if they have slow selling inventory. Best for them to off them to the end user online or sell them to LHS's.
Replacement Parts is where HH's bread and butter is. Just they need to sell the models first. The more owned and out there in the wild, the more parts they stand to sell.

Edited.

Last edited:
What a scam. They all do that. Calling it a sale when it is surely NOT. I guess they are betting on stupid people to buy, just because it is Black Friday. Nothing new here. I have even seen marked up prices from summer regular pricing on Black Friday's.
An educated consumer is the best shopper.(y)

I've seen some great deals all year long on the K8s. I watch all them prices....... even at LHS's etc. Making deals.
Please convince me that I want a 30 pound K8S.:LOL:
Yep, the retailers are relying on people who walk around with blinders on for 11 months a year..and, it's true!! Many do, sadly.🤷‍♂️
As to convincing YOU to buy an 8s Arrma? I'd have better luck selling snowblowers to Africa!🤣🤣🍻

I'm paying for my ultra 9 $a month to the tune of 1200 total and 2 months later found them new unlocked online for 250 slap to the face from. Verizon
I learned a while ago that the whole monthly payments for a phone thing is a scam. Once I discovered that you can buy unlocked phones for $250 outright online, I've been doing that ever since.
Yeah, I'm so enamored with rc's, I didn't even think about looking for a new phone!?🤣🤣
I'm rocking a 2019 Galaxy Crown J7!! Free from StraightTalk in 2019.. an S10 would be a legit upgrade from this thing!!🤣🤣
It's all about priorities I suppose..tech stuff isn't a priority for me. I've spent more (far more) on rc's in the last year than I paid for my 1:1 daily driver nearly 3 years ago..🤔🤷‍♂️🤣
Nothing wrong with that, if ain't broke, don't replace it!

Yep, the retailers are relying on people who walk around with blinders on for 11 months a year..and, it's true!! Many do, sadly.🤷‍♂️
As to convincing YOU to buy an 8s Arrma? I'd have better luck selling snowblowers to Africa!🤣🤣🍻
I honestly had way more enthusiasm for the K8s when they were first released.... Truly was all in back when. Because I am still a degenerate RC'er.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back