Kraton Problems with T-bone racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, it's a small family business with a small inventory. I know they can be slow getting parts out but from what I understand they make them as orders come in. Yep, an order may slip thru the cracks once in awhile - like anywhere. They have made things right with me in the past. No need to lodge a legal complaint. Keep trying and explain your case or shop elsewhere. Good luck.

I've had no issues with TBR recently. @Runner has a good point in that they're a small family owned company which might be having some issues they can't do much about. There have been times in the past where I've had slow customer service from larger companies due to internal re-structuring, layoffs, etc.

Taking legal action against a company as small as TBR might be an overreaction. Give them some time and see what happens.

Ya know I’m a small business too but I’m expected to take care of my customers. There’s no excuse for any company to not run their business well if they expect to be successful. I’ve been hearing nothing but complaints about Tbone racing. I emailed them and they finally got back to me a month later. Stating things are gonna get better customer service wise. Sounds to me like their having growing pains.

Ya know I’m a small business too but I’m expected to take care of my customers. There’s no excuse for any company to not run their business well if they expect to be successful. I’ve been hearing nothing but complaints about Tbone racing. I emailed them and they finally got back to me a month later. Stating things are gonna get better customer service wise. Sounds to me like their having growing pains.
thank u.

I've had no issues with TBR recently. @Runner has a good point in that they're a small family owned company which might be having some issues they can't do much about. There have been times in the past where I've had slow customer service from larger companies due to internal re-structuring, layoffs, etc.

Taking legal action against a company as small as TBR might be an overreaction. Give them some time and see what happens.
cant do much about ? come on man yes they can. plus 20 days for a part is a little long

Interesting, it had never even dawned on me to ask for a replacement on bumpers and parts I destroy through extreme usage for either RPM or Tbone. I always just assumed that a crappy landing on a massive drop was my bad.

Are people successfully getting these parts replaced?

Looking at the RPM website they describe warranties "under normal operating conditions" . My own personal "normal driving conditions" are Sh***y-nose down-poorly controlled jumps due to a lack of "trigger finger skill".

Last edited:
Interesting, it had never even dawned on me to ask for a replacement on bumpers and parts I destroy through extreme usage for either RPM or Tbone. I always just assumed that a crappy landing on a massive drop was my bad.

Are people successfully getting these parts replaced?

Looking at the RPM website they describe warranties "under normal operating conditions" . My own personal "normal driving conditions" are Sh***y-nose down-poorly controlled jumps due to a lack of "trigger finder skill".

I sent this photo to TBR with my information and they never asked what happened. They just wanted proof it was broke and it wasn't due to me altering the part. Two hours later I got an email saying they're starting the warranty process right away.

20180420_130648.jpg

Are you guys kidding me? Attorney general? Lmao. You get one small,part that missed a screw hole or better yet it's the v3 version and you have it put together backwards and your throwing a big fit. You do realize tbone don't have to warranty poop if they chose not to. You won't see traxxas given a warranty. Tone has the best products and if you don't like stop ordering more for me!. Never had a problem and always answers my phone call. A+ for tbone parts from me. All I see is a bunch of spoiled millennials whining! Please it frickin toy parts people.

Yes their parts are A+, but if a company sells as Lifetime warranty I think they should warranty the part if it wasnt misused. Im not cheap by any means and Im almost 40 years old. I sent them wjat they requested and they said my things would be replaced. I have not contacted anyone except T bone racing....im still waiting it out if their worf is good and if they do not warranty it, i will state that on the forums I am a member of.
And not buy their stuff under the assumption that it is warrantied. I may not buy their stuff at all.

Other companies have aftermarket stuff and they do warranty, however i prefer T bone products.

My question is what is it to you if i want the warranty they claim for my broken parts?
You on their payroll?

Thanks in general for all the postings on this thread...admittedly I never usually pursue warranties outside of the expensive electronics. May change that given how much TBone and RPM I have on my trucks.

A few general questions then

-Do you just have to pay the S&H for the new part?

-For those who have had good vs bad service experiences, are there different contact emails or phone numbers for the same company (Tbone)? It took me quite a bit of digging to get my two DOA Bluebird servo's returned...mostly to find the appropriate email to actually get a live warranty person and not just their sales dept.

Cheers

So after 4 days they emailed me back saying they would replace the parts. Hell i machined my own holes and reshaped the skid plate myself by then. So they offer 30% off my next purchase. Nah im good. I ll just make your parts myself next time. Im not filing any complaints because... well F the man and like i said ill just make their parts myself next time nothing complex abput the designs. That's a bigger screwin than tellin teacher. But yeah it was a super bad customer experience.

Let me start by saying i want to love these products so bad BUT... I just loaded up on T-bone stuff. Got 2 kraton bumpers and a wheelie bar for my outcast and one for my kraton $132... no big deal. All "instock items"... 7 days goes by and still nothing i figure its the website and parts actually needed to be manufacture, no they just messed up and forgot about me is the story i got on the phone. So whatever some stickers or free 2day shipping and im happy right. Nope. Took another 5 days to get the parts and no deal sweeteners. Ok whatever no biggie at least i have some bitchen parts right. Wrong. 1 bumper set had 2 holes they missed on machining and the wheelie bar for the kraton simply does not fit, they bent the skid plate too close to the chassis. So half of my late order is unusable and they haven't responded to email or phone call for 2 days now. If you read all this im sorry for venting but i felt the community should now and i was kinda curious if anyone else has had a bad experience.
That's super lame! I've had issues with them not shipping for a week after my order but the parts were always right. hmmm. Sorry for your pain bro!

Had nothing but issues when it came to getting the bumper for my outcast I ordered it at the same time as I did my kraton and received my kraton bumper 6 weeks before my outcast 1 arrived. Numerous unanswered phone calls and emails yes the parts are great now that I actually got them both but major let down when it comes to customer service.

I have ordered lots of stuff from them and never had an issue until just recently when I ordered a front bumper for my nero, I heard nothing from them and weeks went by, they finally replied and I think they just forgot my order then they told me the lights for the bumper were backordered, they did however take 40% off the price and will send me the lights separately when they come in, not sure what's going on there but they tried to make it right with me, I just hope the bumper does show up

One of my bumper pieces came in today. Its been a few weeks at least. The other one remains..... somewhere. I do think they will hold up to what they say.

I do know they make parts per order mostly which is cool and fine. It is furstrating at times when you get no notices or responces. I have tons of their stuff on at least 5 trucks. I was pretty sour that i had to remind them on EVERY PART recently.

They have filled big orders of mine with no problems too at times so i chalk it up to small biz growing pains?..

My faith is rejuvinated that 1 of the 2 warrantied parts arrived. Thank you @T-Bone Racing

Hello All!
I have been reading through your comments and want to offer my support to any of you who have unresolved issues with us!
Send me a DM or an email at [email protected] and I will make sure to work with you guys to solve any problems.

The granite 4x4 Hingepin blocks have been fixed and now adequately retain the pins.
If you require the new hingepin blocks just let us know and we will send you the updated ones ASAP.

The shipping issues have been fixed. We are no longer dealing with the major issues that delayed shipment for many orders.

I was alarmed to see the many comments on our customer service. We will be addressing this now.

Yes we have been going through massive growing pains and are currently in the process of putting in a new manufacturing/inventory and order tracking system which will eliminate all of these types of delays and errors.
We greatly appreciate your support!
-Nick
T-Bone Racing

Hello All!
I have been reading through your comments and want to offer my support to any of you who have unresolved issues with us!
Send me a DM or an email at [email protected] and I will make sure to work with you guys to solve any problems.

The granite 4x4 Hingepin blocks have been fixed and now adequately retain the pins.
If you require the new hingepin blocks just let us know and we will send you the updated ones ASAP.

The shipping issues have been fixed. We are no longer dealing with the major issues that delayed shipment for many orders.

I was alarmed to see the many comments on our customer service. We will be addressing this now.

Yes we have been going through massive growing pains and are currently in the process of putting in a new manufacturing/inventory and order tracking system which will eliminate all of these types of delays and errors.
We greatly appreciate your support!
-Nick
T-Bone Racing

I like to think you would take care of costumers regardless of being on blast in forums. But at least you are saying something. I don't mean to seem salty but some changes on your end needs or needed to be addressed.

I do thank you for stepping up, i will remain a customer.

I like to think you would take care of costumers regardless of being on blast in forums. But at least you are saying something. I don't mean to seem salty but some changes on your end needs or needed to be addressed.

I do thank you for stepping up, i will remain a customer.

Killer Kraton,
Oh I agree! A lot of these issues have simply haven't been brought to my attention. When I did catch wind of what was going on I was able to investigate. We will definitely address all of the issues moving forward!

Thank you guys again for your support!
@chazekxt46 , I got your order taken care of. You're good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back