Probody RC experiences.... please share your feedback

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Total crap. Got send a defective body got told lies that they were going tk make a new one ect ect been 6 mk tha. Seller stopped replying for now 2 mo the or more and its only the website costumer service transfering me the same lie from the seller "we making a mold and it takes time". I should have know better they are trashing bodies they don't care if its way undersized or defective to them. If you don't care about those two things you likely not going to have an issue. In my case i was robbed of 90 usd

Total crap. Got send a defective body got told lies that they were going tk make a new one ect ect been 6 mk tha. Seller stopped replying for now 2 mo the or more and its only the website costumer service transfering me the same lie from the seller "we making a mold and it takes time". I should have know better they are trashing bodies they don't care if its way undersized or defective to them. If you don't care about those two things you likely not going to have an issue. In my case i was robbed of 90 usd
Hmmmmm......yep yep.....this kind of stuff Im glad to have heard about.....thanx for sharing - sorry to have that happen to ya

I have several that were directly from Russia before the war started. They are thick and durable. In general they don't have much details like body lines, grilles, lights. They are faint lines. I use colored duct tape to make window masks and grilles. I can still cut them with my lexan scissors. Just takes a little more grip strength and patience. For what you spend on a lexan body and then cans of paint, they really arent much more. Definitely considered a “basher” body because of the lack of detail.

From what I see on ebay, the bodies seem to have limited availability now. I don't know if they are still made in Russia and then shipped to other countries to avoid our Russian embargo or if they are now made somewhere else. Even back then, it would take 2 months to arrive. Buying something via ebay & paypal keeps you protected. Just don't ever let people talk you in the waiting past claim deadlines with their excuses. That goes for all purchases! Still a hassle and waist of your time, but you’ll get your money back.

Do not order from Probody or TMT. Evgeny is having issues right now and it will take at least 3 months to get your body. TMT will just take your money and run ask @PeighDay.

Order from Basher Bodies Ronald is the only one of the companies who hasn't flaked out.

Also it is worth noting that none of the unbreakable bodies are a 100% copy of the original they are going to be smaller and will have defects in the material.

Do not order from Probody or TMT. Evgeny is having issues right now and it will take at least 3 months to get your body. TMT will just take your money and run ask @PeighDay.

Order from Basher Bodies Ronald is the only one of the companies who hasn't flaked out.

Also it is worth noting that none of the unbreakable bodies are a 100% copy of the original they are going to be smaller and will have defects in the material.
In his website pictures the body fits bumper to bumper perfectly while what i received absolutely doesn't

Thx

In his website pictures the body fits bumper to bumper perfectly while what i received absolutely doesn't
Doesn't make what I said untrue. Talk to anyone else who has purchased one of his bodies and they will tell you the same thing.

Yes i don't midn it bejbg slightly undersized but when its like almost 2cm everywhere theres a problem.

So I have to ask myself if I REALLY want one....

I do, but not the headaches, potential bad fit, etc....so....

Probably not....

Thanx for the feedback

Yes i don't midn it bejbg slightly undersized but when its like almost 2cm everywhere theres a problem.
I think I remember seeing the photos I do not remember it looking too bad. It's a body for bashing your truck not to look at when it is sitting on the shelf, save the stock body for that, that is why I didn't really care that it was a bit off, it had bubbles in it and was scratched too poop. I'm honestly surprised it made it to me in one piece the way the box looked.

1698187578199.png

1698187628009.png

1698187645626.png

1698187668288.png

1698187546127.png

This is what it looks like 5 years later.

1698187824877.png

I have several that were directly from Russia before the war started. They are thick and durable. In general they don't have much details like body lines, grilles, lights. They are faint lines. I use colored duct tape to make window masks and grilles. I can still cut them with my lexan scissors. Just takes a little more grip strength and patience. For what you spend on a lexan body and then cans of paint, they really arent much more. Definitely considered a “basher” body because of the lack of detail.

From what I see on ebay, the bodies seem to have limited availability now. I don't know if they are still made in Russia and then shipped to other countries to avoid our Russian embargo or if they are now made somewhere else. Even back then, it would take 2 months to arrive. Buying something via ebay & paypal keeps you protected. Just don't ever let people talk you in the waiting past claim deadlines with their excuses. That goes for all purchases! Still a hassle and waist of your time, but you’ll get your money back.
The molds are rough. Body over or undersized in areas because they are not using good negative molds of the OE body. Probably made in someones basement.:giggle:
Thick PET plastics used are harder to mold with. Unpaintable as well. For bashing only. I don't think these will win any beauty contest. It's about durability. I still think they are quite overpriced. PL should make one for the Mojave. I have the PL K6s Bash Armor body. Strong, but cost me like $80.00. :rolleyes: I was eating stocker Kraton bodies left and right, are just too thin. I have been good with my Stocker Mojo body so far. I don't send it Big like many do. But the body does have weak spots nonetheless. I just Gorilla tape and Hot glue patch as needed. I don't believe in Drywall and Shoogoo anymore. They always still break anyway for me, regardless.

Last edited:
The molds are rough. Body over or undersized in areas because they are not using good negative molds of the OE body. Probably made in someones basement.:giggle:
Thick PET plastics used are harder to mold with. Unpaintable as well. For bashing only. I don't think these will win any beauty contest. It's about durability. I still think they are quite overpriced. PL should make one for the Mojave. I have the PL K6s Bash Armor body. Strong, but cost me like $80.00. :rolleyes: I was eating stocker Kraton bodies left and right, are just too thin. I have been good with my Stocker Mojo body so far. I don't send it Big like many do. But the body does have weak spots nonetheless. I just Gorilla tape and Hot glue patch as needed. I don't believe in Drywall and Shoogoo anymore. They always still break anyway for me, regardless.
Thank you sir

I got one from a German LHS. I forgot which one, but Monsterhopups.de sells them.
Like others said the details aren't all that.
On mine, i had to improvise a little to get the roof rails on. I cut out all windows and vents, like on the stock bodies and put the roll cage In. The sides are sloppy. I solved that by putting M4 bolts in the existing holes in the (watchamcallit?) Side bumpers? The body is so thick that this makes great roll over protection.
If you don't mind a basher body that is not suitable as s shelf queen, these are great.

IMG_20230531_190450608_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230531_183918749.jpg

I was on my third year on my kraton exb body before it was tossed in the trash by someone by accident.. had plenty of life left but i use a reinforced drywall on my bodies that might be why

When I first got my K6s , I was driving it very much. And for sure I ate bodies at least every 6 mos or so, may be more...
My original body, I did drywall/shoogoo it.
To no avail for me. So now, I just Gorilla tape them up in certain breakage areas, and then as needed, here and there. Same difference, to me at least. You can easily spend $14. just in Shoogoo alone. Just a waste of money. Breaks anyway. OE Bodies are cheap enough to replace or just get an unbreakable one.
The only thing with unbreakables is that utimately the body mounts will come loose, break, or rip out. Keep an eye on this.

Last edited:
When I first got my K6s , I was driving it very much. And for sure I ate bodies at least every 6 mos or so, may be more...
My original body, I did drywall/shoogoo it.
To no avail for me. So now, I just Gorilla tape them up in certain breakage areas, and then as needed, here and there. Same difference, to me at least. You can easily spend $14. just in Shoogoo alone. Just a waste of money. Breaks anyway. OE Bodies are cheap enough to replace or just get an unbreakable one.
The only thing with unbreakables is that utimately the body mounts will come loose, break, or rip out. Keep an eye on this.
Shoe goo is what makes this process so expensive. I'm currently unsuccessfully trying to find a better alternative.
I bought some window and door sealant from Menards https://www.menards.com/main/paint/...lant-10-3-oz/27100/p-1444431318659-c-7935.htm
The good, it's cheaper per Oz than shoe goo, it's clear and sticks to the body much better than shoe goo, I accidentally got some on the outside and I can't get it off.
The bad, it smells 1,000,000,000,000 times worse than shoe goo, I had to put it in my shed and my shed smelled for 2 weeks, 2 weeks later the stuff is still sticky and tacky and it started to eat the paint.

a50475c1-5eb0-40b0-a37a-69bb32ba2ccf.jpg

Shoe goo is what makes this process so expensive. I'm currently unsuccessfully trying to find a better alternative.
I bought some window and door sealant from Menards https://www.menards.com/main/paint/...lant-10-3-oz/27100/p-1444431318659-c-7935.htm
The good, it's cheaper per Oz than shoe goo, it's clear and sticks to the body much better than shoe goo, I accidentally got some on the outside and I can't get it off.
The bad, it smells 1,000,000,000,000 times worse than shoe goo, I had to put it in my shed and my shed smelled for 2 weeks, 2 weeks later the stuff is still sticky and tacky and it started to eat the paint.

View attachment 328825
I remember skmeone saying you can use e6000 silicone tube. They are like 25$

I remember skmeone saying you can use e6000 silicone tube. They are like 25$
Someone posted some Gorilla glue stuff that comes in a caulk tube that was like $12 as a good alternative but I cannot remember what it was.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back