Probody RC experiences.... please share your feedback

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Kraton body. Firstly, their not unbreakable. They don't crack, but they do dent, bend out of shape, wrinkle, stretch and scratch(they scratch really easy). No body is "unbreakable". Stickers don't stick well and I personally don't think it looks as good as a painted body, but for a basher its ok. I can't remember who I bought mine from. Probably through eBay.

When it was new:
20200215_161137.jpg

Last edited:
I have the Kraton body. Firstly, their not unbreakable. They don't crack, but they do dent, bent out of shape, wrinkle, stretch and scratch(they scratch really easy). No body is "unbreakable". Stickers don't stick well and I personally don't think it looks as good as a painted body, but for a basher is ok. I can't remember who I bought mine from. Probably through eBay.

When it was new:
View attachment 328882

Mine has holes in it. And yeah trying to get the Darkside Studios wrap to stay on was a giant pain in the ass, there were many spots where it just would not stay.

Probably a probody. Do you remember where it shipped from?

Mine has holes in it. And yeah trying to get the Darkside Studios wrap to stay on was a giant pain in the ass, there were many spots where it just would not stay.

Probably a probody. Do you remember where it shipped from?
Yer I think mine has puncture holes in it too. It's soft stuff.

No, it was over 3 years ago.

I remember skmeone saying you can use e6000 silicone tube. They are like 25$
E6000 is the commercial trade name for Shoogoo. Same identical thing. I used both. The Home Depot sells E6000. Cheaper buying in the large tube if available. I find E6000 to be less $$ sometimes. Buying Shoogoo in a Walgreens for instance is more expensive for the small tube.
Flex Seal Paste in a 1lb. tub is inexpensive. You get a lot if it. But once opened, then reclosed, after 4 or 5 months it all hardens. But its quite strong. Best to use it on several bodies in one shot. Use most of it if you can, it will go bad, if remaining is left unused.
I gave up on reinforcing bodies. Just tired of the process. Its never 100%. Bodies get quite heavy as well.

Last edited:
Shoe goo is what makes this process so expensive. I'm currently unsuccessfully trying to find a better alternative.
I bought some window and door sealant from Menards https://www.menards.com/main/paint/...lant-10-3-oz/27100/p-1444431318659-c-7935.htm
The good, it's cheaper per Oz than shoe goo, it's clear and sticks to the body much better than shoe goo, I accidentally got some on the outside and I can't get it off.
The bad, it smells 1,000,000,000,000 times worse than shoe goo, I had to put it in my shed and my shed smelled for 2 weeks, 2 weeks later the stuff is still sticky and tacky and it started to eat the paint.

View attachment 328825
I know this an old thread but a method I've had succes with is gorilla tape and then truck bed liner spray. It's held up very well. On original stock kraton body and minimal cracks. I'm not a super basher but it does take 10-15 high jumps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back