Outcast Project Shadowcast. Outcast 4s with new body and new paint.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custnam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Well ever since I got my first Outcast 4s Ive had this idea in my head. Not that I don't like the stock bronze body, but I knew I would eventually get a different body. Its been awhile since I painted one so I figured Id do a very simple gloss black paint job. So I bought the clear body with decals, 2 cans of paint (gloss black, and silver as the backer), and I already had the roll cage from another new stock body I had.

Prep was fairly easy. But these bodies are a lot thicker than the old ones I painted in the past. So with a combo of lexan scissors, blades, and sand paper I cut out then sanded the edges for a cleaner look. I used a drill and a reamer for all the holes (thankfully they are all already premarked). I got the paint the next day and painted it gloss black, then backed with silver. It came out great. Waited til the next day and removed the cover. Next was the OEM decals. Some were a bit of a pain to get on, especially around edges, etc. But I got all the outside decals on, as well as the inner protective ones. Then of course I had to rep the forum with the Arrma Forum decals like Ive done on all my other bodies. I then installed the roll cage, new tires and wheels Ive been saving for when I needed them, and done. Shadowcast was born. I think it came out awesome. Especially for such a simple one color scheme. Pics added.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg

Wow! That is really cool. Nice work!

Shiny, I need my :cool: to look at it :LOL: ?

Last edited:
Looks sick! Are thos outcast 6s backflips or the lps? How do u find the t bone bumpers

Well ever since I got my first Outcast 4s Ive had this idea in my head. Not that I don't like the stock bronze body, but I knew I would eventually get a different body. Its been awhile since I painted one so I figured Id do a very simple gloss black paint job. So I bought the clear body with decals, 2 cans of paint (gloss black, and silver as the backer), and I already had the roll cage from another new stock body I had.

Prep was fairly easy. But these bodies are a lot thicker than the old ones I painted in the past. So with a combo of lexan scissors, blades, and sand paper I cut out then sanded the edges for a cleaner look. I used a drill and a reamer for all the holes (thankfully they are all already premarked). I got the paint the next day and painted it gloss black, then backed with silver. It came out great. Waited til the next day and removed the cover. Next was the OEM decals. Some were a bit of a pain to get on, especially around edges, etc. But I got all the outside decals on, as well as the inner protective ones. Then of course I had to rep the forum with the Arrma Forum decals like Ive done on all my other bodies. I then installed the roll cage, new tires and wheels Ive been saving for when I needed them, and done. Shadowcast was born. I think it came out awesome. Especially for such a simple one color scheme. Pics added.

View attachment 68913View attachment 68914View attachment 68915View attachment 68916View attachment 68918View attachment 68919View attachment 68921View attachment 68922View attachment 68923View attachment 68924View attachment 68925View attachment 68926View attachment 68927View attachment 68928
RAD

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back