Proline Hyrax 2.8 are so good

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
Because I couldnt find any info other than talking to @HZRDOS about these tires I just wanted to make a thread for anyone else wondering now or in the future. These tires are siiiiiiiiiick. They look amazing that's for sure but I have had multiple sets of MX28 Badlands and the Hyrax have taken my heart without a doubt. My first run was in wet grass and they gripped very well I was amazed and running my truck with the Badlands I would get all squirly but with these they grip and go. I love them. They are great. Thank you proline. Highly recommend if that wasn't abundantly clear already 👍👍

Any pics? Would like to see😁
Should have posted some! Good call.
514A24DD-D4AD-48B2-826D-3A14D4349346.jpeg
7A78810E-83F2-46A4-B16B-F120BC3DDC0A.jpeg
2DD70779-C474-47E0-91F5-ED1F95DBF13F.jpeg

The grip on them was insane. Also, after many runs on street, sand, dirt, rocks... there was still a lot of tread left. Still gripped like new. They flex enough to not traction roll also. Fronts did balloon a bit, but a few wraps with braided fishing line and all was good.
Here they are on my now sold Typhon (went to another forum member...so stayed in the family:))

20210712_203843.jpg

Here is how well they grip in the sand....

Screenshot_20210726-182548_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
[...] Fronts did balloon a bit, but a few wraps with braided fishing line and all was good. [...]
Any tire cuts from the fishing line? Does the wrap slip around the tire at speed?

Any tire cuts from the fishing line? Does the wrap slip around the tire at speed?
Never had any issues with the line moving, and never hurt the tire.

I added a drop of CA (superglue - used the gel type) at the start of the wrap, then just wrapped the line around the tire snug (not pulling tight, just not leaving slack) about 4 or 5 times. You can see it in the pic below with the dabs of CA glue. Then just added a drop of glue after cutting the line. Went around and added a few drops around the loop for good measure. Has held up fine, and most no ballooning now.

Screenshot_20210726-183255_Chrome.jpg

I am in the process of wrapping mine as well! Can't wait to give it a rip once it's all dried up. I bought some apparently flexible CA glue, curious how it'll hold. Takes quite awhile to dry compared to normal CA glue
306941DE-94D1-4277-A34A-5D4433BD7F5A.jpeg

I am in the process of wrapping mine as well! Can't wait to give it a rip once it's all dried up. I bought some apparently flexible CA glue, curious how it'll hold. Takes quite awhile to dry compared to normal CA glueView attachment 160486
Hit the glue with baking soda to lower drying times.

I am in the process of wrapping mine as well! Can't wait to give it a rip once it's all dried up. I bought some apparently flexible CA glue, curious how it'll hold. Takes quite awhile to dry compared to normal CA glueView attachment 160486
Are you referring to the black Smith rubberized ca glue by chance? If so it works well for me when glueing tires to rim/reinforce tire glue and when I wrapped my mx28's.

Are you referring to the black Smith rubberized ca glue by chance? If so it works well for me when glueing tires to rim/reinforce tire glue and when I wrapped my mx28's.
Might be the same stuff idk but this is what I was talking about
0A8725CE-7FC6-415B-9278-3B9CF6D9650E.jpeg

What about clear Gorilla glue? And what test line are you guys using? Does it break frequently?
I was debating to buy the belted MX28 2.8 tires. I love my MT MX28 but they balloon off the wheels every other run on my BRCC.

What about clear Gorilla glue? And what test line are you guys using? Does it break frequently?
I was debating to buy the belted MX28 2.8 tires. I love my MT MX28 but they balloon off the wheels every other run on my BRCC.
Don't buy the belted they are so much thinner and the grip is bad. I started using kevlar rope I got on Amazon. Wrap it around like 3 times, which might be Overkill but that's fine, and then use that glue from my picture on the ends of the rope and 2 more spots around the tire for good measure. It's survived probably 10 runs so far of a mix between a 4s rig and a 6s. Both of which go over 60 mph off road. I'm very happy with the kevlar and this glue

Don't buy the belted they are so much thinner and the grip is bad. I started using kevlar rope I got on Amazon. Wrap it around like 3 times, which might be Overkill but that's fine, and then use that glue from my picture on the ends of the rope and 2 more spots around the tire for good measure. It's survived probably 10 runs so far of a mix between a 4s rig and a 6s. Both of which go over 60 mph off road. I'm very happy with the kevlar and this glue
Just bought some kevlar rope. Fingers crossed it does the job...and save me $100 bucks! (y)

Just bought some kevlar rope. Fingers crossed it does the job...and save me $100 bucks! (y)
It will make a big difference in your ride for sure, It will want to wheelie less and flip less easily in the air. Good and bad depending on how you look at it but its very worth it for me

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back