Proline MX28 Badlands on Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
Who runs these on a Granite? Do you like them?

I have tried the Duratrax Six Pack belted, then went to RPM Typhon arms and 17mm hexes, so had to get some 17mm tires. Went with the Proline Trenchers, but did not like them. Since then I built some CVD axles using part of the 4S CVDs, and part of the 3S CVDs (VERY strong BTW), so I am back with axles that can use the 14mm tires, but I also have m2c 17mm hex conversions, so I can run either 17mm or 14mm.

That said - I am back on the stock DBoots because I like them much better than the trenchers. But -- how about the MX28 non-belted on a Granite? How do they handle? The Trenchers did well on the road and hard pack stuff...going straight. They roll too easy on high speed turns. I have the Badlands MX28 2.10's on my Typhon 6s and LOVE them. But don't know about the granite and the wider ones.

How do they compare to stock Granite?

I have them with the hot racing hex extenders and typhon A arms and I like them a lot. Way more grip than the stocks but that's good and bad because you have to control your throttle a bit more. The stock tires are great honestly but I have a lot of loose soft dirt in my spot so the mx28 helped a lot with grip in those areas. They look far better than stock that's for sure
82F620B2-5D0A-43A5-8DA0-E2F1921A1FE9.jpeg

Who runs these on a Granite? Do you like them?

I have tried the Duratrax Six Pack belted, then went to RPM Typhon arms and 17mm hexes, so had to get some 17mm tires. Went with the Proline Trenchers, but did not like them. Since then I built some CVD axles using part of the 4S CVDs, and part of the 3S CVDs (VERY strong BTW), so I am back with axles that can use the 14mm tires, but I also have m2c 17mm hex conversions, so I can run either 17mm or 14mm.

That said - I am back on the stock DBoots because I like them much better than the trenchers. But -- how about the MX28 non-belted on a Granite? How do they handle? The Trenchers did well on the road and hard pack stuff...going straight. They roll too easy on high speed turns. I have the Badlands MX28 2.10's on my Typhon 6s and LOVE them. But don't know about the granite and the wider ones.

How do they compare to stock Granite?
I’ve ran the tits off a set of MX28 Badlands 2.8 for the past two years. By far my favorite 2.8 MT tire. I’ve never owned the belted HP versions of the Badlands, but I did have the Belted Trenchers and they were terrible. Heavy and no grip.

I’ve ran the tits off a set of MX28 Badlands 2.8 for the past two years. By far my favorite 2.8 MT tire. I’ve never owned the belted HP versions of the Badlands, but I did have the Belted Trenchers and they were terrible. Heavy and no grip.
Perfect. That was the comparison I was looking for. The trenchers did great on asphalt, when going straight. Was wondering the difference between them and the MX28s. Do they turn well without flipping? The stockers corner much better than Trenchers.

Perfect. That was the comparison I was looking for. The trenchers did great on asphalt, when going straight. Was wondering the difference between them and the MX28s. Do they turn well without flipping? The stockers corner much better than Trenchers.
Yes the MX28 will slide enough not to traction roll, but otherwise give good forward bite. Heavy enough to give rotational mass, yet not as heavy as the belted. Perfect for the 3S rigs IMO. I also run them on my Typhon 6S, but they won’t take 6S speeds. I run them on a 4S pack.

Just got to run mine for the first time today with the badlands and it was a big difference. I’m still not used to them. They really tear up the grass and grab. I think it’s flipping around a little faster in the air too.

2CBBA54C-5B27-4FC4-B332-8311BD1C34EB.jpeg

Just got to run mine for the first time today with the badlands and it was a big difference. I’m still not used to them. They really tear up the grass and grab. I think it’s flipping around a little faster in the air too.
That's some body protection right there!! Haven't seen that before lol. I love it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back