Felony Proud new owner of a Felony

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoss81

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Well I ended up pulling the trigger on a Felony. I have not had an on-road car since probably 2007, and it still ran on Nickel batteries.
So I figured I was due. I recently moved to a home that is on a dead end road. It's got some hills but there is never any traffic so I actually have room to run it.

So far so good, She did 61mph with the factory pinion which was a little disappointing as my Kraton does 62. But I put a 22T pinion on and got it up to 76mph.

The kit comes with a 27T, and while the box says 85mph, if my calculations are correct with the 27T I'm going to be closer to 92/93.

Anyway, here she is.
20210421_131800.jpg
20210421_131809.jpg
20210421_131814.jpg

Sounds toasty at those speeds! Watch your temps.
Nothing has been over 115 yet? I usually only do 2-3 passes and its been in the 50s here in ohio. I feel like I have a ways to go.

Fair enough. Big boy passes in AZ would get a tad warmer. Already at near 90F ambient temps. Sometimes I forget how cold other places are. Try not to hit anything at those temps, plastic starts to get brittle below 50 and especially below 45.

Update:
My cheap HRB 50C 5000 mah 3s packs don't have the power to push this thing with the big 27T pinion. I've gotten to 79mph but its very clearly cutting power after I hit full throttle.

Im guessing under that kind of load I need at least 150C total of available amps.

I have some 90C 6200 MAH CHLN on the way.

SMC didn't have anything comparable in stock. They are out of most of their 3S packs that are bigger than 5000 mah last time I looked.

This is super addictive. I want MORE SPEED!!!!!!!

20210426_124221.jpg

Update:
My cheap HRB 50C 5000 mah 3s packs don't have the power to push this thing with the big 27T pinion. I've gotten to 79mph but its very clearly cutting power after I hit full throttle.

Im guessing under that kind of load I need at least 150C total of available amps.

I have some 90C 6200 MAH CHLN on the way.

SMC didn't have anything comparable in stock. They are out of most of their 3S packs that are bigger than 5000 mah last time I looked.

This is super addictive. I want MORE SPEED!!!!!!!

View attachment 142219

Still good!!!

RC Garage Guy had the same issue with his...but so long ago cannot remember if it was battery, pinion, etc...but he got to a certain speed and it cut out....was it heat. He did get a fix.

I just got two SMC 8000mah 120C today but not from SMC I had to look for those. My rig eats my 5000mah so fast glad I got a little more in the tank.

Congrats, been eyeing one up for awhile myself.

Congrats, been eyeing one up for awhile myself.
I can say, im enjoying it much more than I thought I would. Its a drifting machine with the smaller pinions, its just alot of fun to drive

Fair enough. Big boy passes in AZ would get a tad warmer. Already at near 90F ambient temps. Sometimes I forget how cold other places are. Try not to hit anything at those temps, plastic starts to get brittle below 50 and especially below 45.
Agreed, I had an e-revo that I took in the snow ONCE…. It broke in 3 places within the first 10 min. Talk about being PI$$ED !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back