Felony New Felony, and first mod!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
Just got my Felony today, first thing: ditch the crappy stock servo. I added a Protek 170 SBL “Black Label” servo. Added a video of it in action. This thing is very impressive.
IMG_0525.jpeg

IMG_0526.jpeg
IMG_0527.jpeg

IMG_0528.jpeg

So with servo steering reactions THAT Fast.. Wouldn't it cause more problems at higher speeds?
Fishing tailing (more often) or just being too sensitive , vehicle acting squirrelly??

So with servo steering reactions THAT Fast.. Wouldn't it cause more problems at higher speeds?
Fishing tailing (more often) or just being too sensitive , vehicle acting squirrelly??
I’m not doing any speed runs with it, I bought it more for drifting. If I decide to go fast, I’ll just slow it down in my radio.

I added the scorched rc servo-saver eliminator… no need for a servo saver on these street rigs I think…. Maybe I am the jackass… I don’t see many people running them.

Nice servo you got there! 👍🏼 super fast! Daaaaaaammmmnnn hahaha

I’ve been buying Protek servos lately because the LHS carries them, and I’ve been blown away with the quality of them. They are really, really nice servos.

Why wouldn’t you need a servo saver for a speed car?

Why wouldn’t you need a servo saver for a speed car?

I am not sure if it’s actually needed or not. But scorched rc sells the eliminator bell crank for speed runs and drag runs… so I bought it! Hahaha also the front wheels don’t really take a “shot” like a brasher does… I guess inperfections in the pavement and small rocks or bumps in the road would be absorbed… but I haven’t had any damage my servo…. I like the tight precision steering I get from it… my servo is a cheap one. 1/4 of the speed OP is running…

https://scorchedparts.co.uk/collect...lete-arrma-infraction-limitless-felony-typhon

Nah, the servo only turns as fast as you turn the steeringwheel, so you actually have better control because theres less of a delay (when using a high quality transmitter). You feel more connected to the car.
It's also beneficial if you are running a gyro.

Speedrunners usually turn down the dual rate for steering and should not need to steer that much anyway, so that's not really a concern.

This is what I run on my road cars. You can crank them as stiff as you want. If you convert to the flanged bearings on the ackerman arm with this servo saver it really adds a ton of precision to the steering.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/155706790515

This is what I run on my road cars. You can crank them as stiff as you want. If you convert to the flanged bearings on the ackerman arm with this servo saver it really adds a ton of precision to the steering.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/155706790515
I clicked on the link and immediately bought one lol. You can’t go wrong with Basherqueen.

I’m not doing any speed runs with it, I bought it more for drifting. If I decide to go fast, I’ll just slow it down in my radio.
I did the same for my Infracttion stock servo dies, so I added more of the more powerful 4x4 servo I used in the Kraton, etc. 7.4v was too damn fast. All I do is drift, no speed runs. Put it to 6v all I needed was a small wheel turn to drift...slower steering was better for my rig.

Keep us posted on how that works, and have fun!!! (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back