Kraton Pulling front and rear diff covers off.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McClain210

Reaction score
What a pain in the ass. I want to check front and rear diffs. I still cant get them off and all the neccessary screws/etc are out. Anyone else have trouble?

Try loosening (or taking out) the 4 diff case screws at the chassis to release the tension off the case and it's cover

I found that out the hard way. The sway bar doesn't let the arm move enough to get the diff out.
I leave the sway bar attached to the cover, and remove them from the fittings in the a arm that way it can act as a pull bar for the cover. Send some pics of what you got going on and I’ll try and help.

I removed the sway bar completely. Im pulling hard as i can and it wont budge. Neither one of them. They're on there good.

I removed the sway bar completely. Im pulling hard as i can and it wont budge. Neither one of them. They're on there good.
I’d try loosening the 4 chassis screws just a little. Then slightly loosen the front two hinge pin holder screws and it should pop out. Make sure you have the two upper and two lower screws on both cases sometimes grabbing the outdrives and just wiggling them helps too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back