Granite Pumpkin! why buy new when you can waste money on a ebay rescue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well today was dig into the suspension and pull off the blower on top of the esc as I am getting to much draw on the BEC circuit. So far I am thinking of filing an ebay claim as this thing was not portrayed as a bucket of crap.

Hacked up esc lid
View attachment 358195

Bent rear shock shafts with plier marks on the shafts.

View attachment 358196

Also pretty sure I have a bent front hinge pin hiding behind 1 stripped screw and a busted off screw.
Man, that thing is truly the gift that keeps on giving. Looks like it should've sold for half the price you paid for it.

Man, that thing is truly the gift that keeps on giving. Looks like it should've sold for half the price you paid for it.

Lets just say I need a parts truck at this point. So this one has a straight shock and an esc... BUY BUY BUY
1712004495425.png

Well 55wt isn't enough to take all the rebound out, I would go higher but all I have in stock at this point if 90Wt. Next trip or order I will try some 65-75wt oil. After messing with all 3 of the Hot Racing springs its pretty clear the stiffest ones work the best. The silver springs take to much pre load and feel like the medium blacks which also need to much pre load. Ended up liking the stiffer gold springs, they feel softer since I was able to get away with very little pre load. Sounds silly but after swapping springs around these are the softest at ride height.
1712006907699.png

So wheel bearings came in. What causes the outer front wheel hub bearings to die? One disintegrated while changing wheel hexs. I figured I would pull the other side out today since the wheel had excess play and I had bearings. It was shot but all the rest of the bearings I have handled seem fine?

So wheel bearings came in. What causes the outer front wheel hub bearings to die? One disintegrated while changing wheel hexs. I figured I would pull the other side out today since the wheel had excess play and I had bearings. It was shot but all the rest of the bearings I have handled seem fine?
The dirt and debris from driving likes to get caught in there, I had one grind down to the point the outer bearing seal disintegrated.

Hub bearings just wear out, high stress environment.

Last edited:
The dirt and debris from driving like to get caught in there, I had one grind down to the point the outer bearing seal disintegrated.

Hub bearings just wear out, high stress environment.

The explanation works for me!

Slight down grade, pulled the CVD axles out of the Granite and swapped them with my Stock Gorgon Axles. Plan to order a wide arm boost kit and the CVDs don't work with the wider arms. Waiting to order more parts as the parts truck will be here Friday. If the parts truck is to complete I might have two money pits at the same time.

1712248542987.png

1712248596972.png

Okay working through some stripped screw holes on the motor mount. Do you vote for longer screws with nuts M3x18mm or re-tap with M4x16mm screws? Not buying a M2C $80 fix at this point and the reviews of other plates say they still bend.

1712332788809.png

Managed to drill and tap the holes during my 10 minute virtual training break. Doesn't look as hack as I thought it would!

1712338999501.png

By parts truck came in! Literal pile of &*^) and half of it went in the trash.

1712363681456.png

1712363714022.png

The good news is the BLX 100 esc and motor that came in the hunk of junk works! Pumpkin got a heart transplant and is 100% fixed with a new shock shaft! One 3s pack later I am happy and the BLX 100 somehow obliterates the MAX10 80a esc(had some slow speed cogging).
1712364163067.png

What's left is the bigger issue! Do I have enough parts to move forward with a second build? Maybe just live out out the rest of its life one part at a time.
1712364491862.png

1712364510643.png

1712364532756.png

Last edited:
Pumpkin got some new shoes! They are a traction down grade from the Big Rock Tires, they are a harder compound and are pretty fun power drifting on asphalt so they are staying.
1712611352886.png

Now onto the junk chassis I got! figured I would strip it down and see what's salvageable. The front knuckles/hubs are junk and the front differential carrier is junk.
1712611874448.png

1712611925790.png

Currently Looking like I have the bones to a 2wd brushed build. Missing to many parts at this point so I will just clean the parts and loosely assemble things to make it look like a truck. Going to at least keep me entertained and maybe spur a little upgrading on Pumpkin.
1712612255127.png

Pumpkin got some new shoes! They are a traction down grade from the Big Rock Tires, they are a harder compound and are pretty fun power drifting on asphalt so they are staying.
View attachment 359724

Now onto the junk chassis I got! figured I would strip it down and see what's salvageable. The front knuckles/hubs are junk and the front differential carrier is junk.
View attachment 359726
View attachment 359728

Currently Looking like I have the bones to a 2wd brushed build. Missing to many parts at this point so I will just clean the parts and loosely assemble things to make it look like a truck. Going to at least keep me entertained and maybe spur a little upgrading on Pumpkin.
View attachment 359729
Nice progress man. I say you turn the parts truck into a lowered street basher 😎

Following.. Drove My 3s..Granite Blx Today. Did not bash it (wreck) You are literally ....Awesome on the inevitable.

Well a slight update since bidding on 3-4 things, I won some more junk! Note the broken bumper and lack of a body. Overall everything else looks pretty good, down to the non adjustable links! Not really sure what I am going to do with this one as far a power, but I need some hoons for the front yard area!

1713799296647.png

1713799455279.png

Well a slight update since bidding on 3-4 things, I won some more junk! Note the broken bumper and lack of a body. Overall everything else looks pretty good, down to the non adjustable links! Not really sure what I am going to do with this one as far a power, but I need some hoons for the front yard area!

View attachment 362542
View attachment 362546
I totally get it man...it's so hard to turn down these rollers/chassis when they're so freaking cheap. One of the most satisfying parts of this hobby is rebuilding something and making it better than it was. Also a tremendous sense of satisfaction turning a POS into a bashing machine lol. Bash on brother 🍻

I totally get it man...it's so hard to turn down these rollers/chassis when they're so freaking cheap. One of the most satisfying parts of this hobby is rebuilding something and making it better than it was. Also a tremendous sense of satisfaction turning a POS into a bashing machine lol. Bash on brother 🍻

So much cheaper than my other basher!
1713800687011.png

Currently looking at bodies, kinda feeling the vintage f100 as I really want something regular cab style.

1713802836412.png
1713802863879.png

1713802980182.png

Back