Questions about batteries on 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdubya

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hi! Newbie to the world of 8s. I just got my brand new Outcast 8s and I have a question about the batteries and how the esc manages them.
What happens when one of the battery packs gets drawn down to the point that the LVC mode kicks in on the esc? Will my truck go into limp mode or something else?

Welcome.
yes to a degree but better to learn to not run to LVC as it will quickly ruin your batteries.
Get a lipo checker or go by telemetry.

Yes LVC is to save your batteries from getting drained to far and damaging them. It is fine to run to LVC but do not continue to run after LVC kicks in as you can still over drain the lipo and damage it. It sucks for big 1/5 scale rigs but as soon as LVC kicks in go walk to the rig and shut it off and carry it back.

Since sources are endless on the Internet, Youtube some videos and I'm sure you'll find exactly what you're looking for. To make an attempt in answering your question. By hooking batteries to the ESC, you have created the 'potential'. The load is, of course, the motor. Your transmitter sends code (back in the old days, it was PCM) to establish communication with your receiver. They are now 'bound". Through the controls on your transmitter, you send signals to your ESC on what to do next, to contr0ol the motor. As you know it can so many things at once. Running low on the battery was never a problem for me because you would notice the change really quickly. Standard 'copper-tops' dump real slow. LiPos can dump in a minute. So, the ESC is responsible for speed control, DC>AC functions, temperature monitoring, in addition to your steering and throttle. Since one of the first ESC Futaba made was the FC8. It was an aluminum box with Mosfets inside. For me dumping ceramic rheostats for this was probably like when the transistor came and people threw out their tube units. Sorry for going off, HTH

Back