Outcast Thinking about getting a Outcast 8s EXB for normal jumps and backflips, advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazrack

Reaction score
So a Outcast 8s exb with

max 5
800kv hobbywing
60 kg servo
39:39 gearing

Will this be good for normal jumps and single backflips or is it to heavy with extreme gearing and will break easily compared to a stock geared up xmaxx 8s?
I am not gonna crazy send it.

Last edited:
So a Outcast 8s exb with

max 5
800kv hobbywing
60 kg servo

Will this be good for normal jumps and single backflips or is it to heavy with extreme gearing and will break easily compared to a stock geared up xmaxx 8s?
I am not gonna crazy send it.
So, my O8S and K8S both have the same electronics setup – rocking the max5 g1 + 800kv motor. But, here's the kicker: after tinkering around with different gear setups, I discovered that the sweet spot for my O8S is a 40/47 gear ratio. Going higher than that, I've been running into problems like blowing out the differential and snapping CVD pins.

Now, my K8S is a different story. It's been performing like a champ with a 39/39 gear ratio. Thing is, I don't really jump with my K8S – it's more for tearing it up in open fields.

Recently, I switched out the stock dboot backflip tires for the PL trenchers on my O8S, and man, the control in the air is insane! I even pulled off my first triple backflip with this setup. Although, I've had to dial down the punch to level 2 just to play it safe.

Recent bashing session vid - here is the video of my last week bashing.

Useful information thanks :)
For my Outcast (haven't got it yet) and Kraton I need a set of belted tires more for high speed runs on something that will survive 800kv 39:47 and 39:39 so if you have experience with some belted tires on a setup like this please give some recommendations.

Useful information thanks :)
For my Outcast (haven't got it yet) and Kraton I need a set of belted tires more for high speed runs on something that will survive 800kv 39:47 and 39:39 so if you have experience with some belted tires on a setup like this please give some recommendations.
My k8s is rolling on those Duratrax Hatchet wheels. I ditched the stock tires right away 'cause they just weren't cutting it for the 1:1 gearing. The Duratrax ones are kinda alright, but they're not top-notch. I mean, they're cheap, so I guess they match the price. But you gotta keep an eye on 'em, reglue 'em each time you run. I think they might be discontinued already, but if you can snag a set, and you're careful with the tire glue and don't go all out with high jumps, they might last. They weigh the same as the stock tires, so no heat problems 'cause they're light compared to the Proline Badlands, which are heavier. I'm eyeing those Badlands, though. Been hearing great stuff about 'em, so I'm saving up for those.

So got my used EXB Outcast 8S with

Max 5
800kv hobbywing
60 kg servo

What a beast, the backflip tires are vented with holes in them , at the moment I have limited throttle to 75% with the dumbo rc transmitter since I fear ripping the tires. Waiting for my 39 tooth pinion for kraton, it will be intresting if 39/47 Kraton exb rtr v2 with hobbywing 800 kv and stock esc have enough speed for me.

The Outcast have more speed than i need, and some nice cooling as well, motor cooling use a seperate 3s battery,.
Will get some belted tires that I can use with the arrma 8s, that is up next.

Hello everyone I’m pretty green to the hobby I got offered the kraton 6s and the 8s any suggestions

Something people new to the hobby may not realize is that there is a huge difference between 8s and 8s depending on what ESC/Motor/Gearing/Tires/Batteries you use.

I think the stock 6s RC’s are more (complete) out of the box, they can feel good enough with a speed pinion and fan on motor.

The big trucks stock can feel a bit gimped power wise out of the box.

I like the bigger 6S RC’s Fireteam and Big Rock 6s but a (maxed out) 8s 1/5 1/6 is the best, it’s just more money.

Last edited:
Well I traded a gopro11 for a kraton 6s babied it didn’t come with batteries n remote but it did come with road tires paddle tires and more replacement parts
But there another guy offering the 8s stick as well for the GoPro and 150$ on top so idk lol to be honest I’m liking more the 6s I’m also located in Miami

Last edited:
Been wrenching the Outcast, got to the dumbo X6FG receiver and switched on the Gyro. Adjustable from 0 to 100 on channel 6 from the dumbo transmitter X6.
Highly recommended to turn it on and test at 50-75% when you snow bash the with high performance (Max5 800kw-56113 39:39)

Worth mentioning, when I bought it the gyro was in off mode.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back