Typhon Questions about the Arrma Typhon 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerard’s Rc Cars

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello!!
Simple questions,
What are good “wheel and tire” combos for the Arrma Typhon 3s BLX?
Can I swap the stock wing for the ARAC9616 wing?

I have 2 typhon 3's. I find the stock tires and wheels to perform just fine. I only run on grass and dirt though. Stock wing is fine for me also. Why do you want to change it?

I have used the Duratrax Lockups on my Typhon 3s for off roading, and I use Duratrax Banditos for pavement.

Typhon 3S with Bandito tires.jpg

Typhon 3s with Duratrax Lockups.jpg

Proline Badlands are nice and grippy offroad. The Duratrax Lockups for budget option and very good for the price. I also would use them. I used the stock wheels for on & off road but they won't last long on road.

20230711_234007.jpg

I have 2 typhon 3's. I find the stock tires and wheels to perform just fine. I only run on grass and dirt though. Stock wing is fine for me also. Why do you want to change it?
Mainly because customization but for the wing it’s in a really bad shape so I kinda need to replace it.
I have used the Duratrax Lockups on my Typhon 3s for off roading, and I use Duratrax Banditos for pavement.

View attachment 312555

View attachment 312556
It definitely looks amazing on those banditos. I see you got different wheel nuts on the second pic, what brand are they?
Proline Badlands are nice and grippy offroad. The Duratrax Lockups for budget option and very good for the price. I also would use them. I used the stock wheels for on & off road but they won't last long on road.

View attachment 312560
The badlands were one of the first ones I had as an option for the off-road. I also saw on a proline promotional paper some avanger hp’s for the on road so I gotta decide what I want the tire thread for and for what I’m going to use my Typhon
The stock wing can be swapped for ARAC9616
Ok thanks.

Last edited:
Stock tires hold up really good on pavement and wear down really slow. (Compared to other tires.) For high and far jumping they are on the soft side. The rim gets too much battering for my taste. But then we never broke a rim even with full speed over ramp longjumps. Better off with Badlands for that. Banditos/Rocket are really grippy, when hot too grippy on pavement. Love them when it's cold. Other Duratrax / Louise are all fine - can't go wrong there.

Had the MX28 on the Typhon 3s. Really cool for flips as they are heavy. Really good skatepark tires. Need to gear down a bit if you race around. Watch temperatures. No real benefit over buggy tires otherwise. Same height, more width and therefore more grip and higher temperatures.

Last edited:
Stock tires hold up really good on pavement and wear down really slow. (Compared to other tires.) For high and far jumping they are on the soft side. The rim gets too much battering for my taste. But then we never broke a rim even with full speed over ramp longjumps. Better off with Badlands for that. Banditos/Rocket are really grippy, when hot too grippy on pavement. Love them when it's cold. Other Duratrax / Louise are all fine - can't go wrong there.

Had the MX28 on the Typhon 3s. Really cool for flips as they are heavy. Really good skatepark tires. Need to gear down a bit if you race around. Watch temperatures. No real benefit over buggy tires otherwise. Same height, more width and therefore more grip and higher temperatures.
Well I don’t need a wider stance so it would be some banditos or the badlands. I’m trying to fit a vendetta motor and gearing to th me Typhon si power should be a problem in any case.

I know it says infraction but mine got destroyed in a violent roll over.stupid rc makes an aluminum one and a carbon fiber like this one but says Typhon on it..have 2 3s's an 2,6's am doing the same 2 on road monster an one off road..they also make an Indy style front wing,side skirts picture of 6s that u can do to 3s

IMG20230723191751.jpg

IMG20230723191759.jpg

IMG20230715164342.jpg

IMG20230715164356.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back