R/L RC8X Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCSid

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
Hi All, having an issue with setting up my RC8X/RF8G v2.1. I cannot get any signal to/from the Servo. I have calibrated the CC XLX2 and the throttle works, but ZERO from the Servo. I have a Promodeler Servo, but did also try the Spektrum Servo that I removed from my V5 K6S as well as trying the RF4G rx with both servos too. I did update the firmware on the RC8X (nothing before or after the firmware update), have everything selected correctly in the rx menu etc. I may very well be overlooking something simple/trivial.

Any help is appreciated.

THX

Try switching the ESC and servo to see if it’s the channel port or the servo. The steering wheel should control the throttle.

Try switching the ESC and servo to see if it’s the channel port or the servo. The steering wheel should control the throttle.
I did, the motor ran with the steering wheel.
I did plug in freshly charged B2S2500 LiLon to the RF4g rx and the Spektrum S652 servo in and it had very slow movement, nothing from the promodeler though. Next I am going to plug the Promodeler into my K6s rx and see if it works there since I already have one in the K6s and it works fine.

I did, the motor ran with the steering wheel.
I did plug in freshly charged B2S2500 LiLon to the RF4g rx and the Spektrum S652 servo in and it had very slow movement, nothing from the promodeler though. Next I am going to plug the Promodeler into my K6s rx and see if it works there since I already have one in the K6s and it works fine.

Check the voltage, some servos and receivers are limited to 6V, and that battery is going to be 8.4V fully charged and can fry the electronics if they're not rated that high.

Check the voltage, some servos and receivers are limited to 6V, and that battery is going to be 8.4V fully charged and can fry the electronics if they're not rated that high.
promodeler is meant to handle 8.4v, however, I plugged it into my K6s and something is wrong with the servo itself.

Annoying that this will likely be a 7-10 biz day delay, just as I was going to cross the finish line with this build.

Back