Talion Racing the V2 Talion, set up sheets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Youareabus

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm racing a V2 Talion in e-truggy this year. It's an outdoor clay track and was looking for some set up advice in the way of diff and shock fluids as well as alignment. I'm currently running 10k/25k/7k and 42.5 front and 45 rear in the shocks. The main issue I noticed is that it pushes badly off-power making turns very wide and slow. Anybody with advice from experience who can chime-in would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• E40E58DC-147E-4D08-A2E6-995712C15484.jpeg
    E40E58DC-147E-4D08-A2E6-995712C15484.jpeg
    422 KB · Views: 121
I would look at setup sheets for the Team Durango DEX8T.
Diff oil also looks a bit thick for racing. DEX8T uses 5/7/2.
You want heavier oil in the front lighter in the rear. DEX8T uses 450cst front 400cts rear, you probably want to go a bit thicker since the Talion is heavier than the DEX8T though.

I would start here. It's all about the combination that works for your driving style/chassis and the track conditions. No magic bullets. You racing at DORCOT ?

http://www.competitionx.com/rc-tuning-guide/
I am racing at DORCOT!

I guess I need to go lighter. I have a Kraton and an Outcast so I was a basher first. Running 500k I’m the center of those and 2k sounds like water!

I am racing at DORCOT!

I guess I need to go lighter. I have a Kraton and an Outcast so I was a basher first. Running 500k I’m the center of those and 2k sounds like water!
Setups for racing usually use much thinner oils. My D8T is running 7/7/4 and it drives around the track like it's on rails. The Outcast not so much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back