Kraton Show Us Your Sand Set Up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
Headed up to OK, to pick up a new bike, and planning a detour to Little Sahara, on the return trip. I'm taking my Rmax4, and Kraton 6s EXB, and maybe my new K4s v2.5. While I have HW motor/esc combos for each, I'm thinking I'll run the stock electrics, except for upgraded servos. I'm a bit concerned that loose sand my over heat stock electronics, so will probably stick with my default of running one cell count down, even though, this is one terrain where the extra power would be useful. :) I think stock CH2s, Minokawas, or BFs will work OK. I've seen the chassis dirt covers, but don't see many use them regularly. Are they not effective, too fiddly, or both? At least it won't be hitting 108F, like last time I was out there.☀️

Those dirt covers restrict air flow. Get some Aluminium Rocket fans, preferably two and gear down a bit and paddle tires.
I’d go BF or for sand fountains😎 paddle tires.
Chevy Truck Racing GIF by Dirt King Fabrication

I bout this last year for my brother he’s a dune freak and wanted a rig to smoke all the fools at the dunes. Kraton XL on a M2C chassis with Hobbywing max 6/1650kv motor. Running a 18t pinion gear its a beast Running 2 fans in the motor haven’t had any overheating issues he’s running it on 6S. Proline paddles all the way around.
IMG_6732.jpeg
IMG_6730.jpeg
IMG_6728.jpeg
IMG_6723.png

I bout this last year for my brother he’s a dune freak and wanted a rig to smoke all the fools at the dunes. Kraton XL on a M2C chassis with Hobbywing max 6/1650kv motor. Running a 18t pinion gear its a beast Running 2 fans in the motor haven’t had any overheating issues he’s running it on 6S. Proline paddles all the way around. View attachment 348720View attachment 348721View attachment 348722View attachment 348723
That is one sweet paint job...nice build, too.

Back