Radiolink RC6GS / RC4GS VR switch questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee82gx

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
6CF807D3-23D5-4C61-9440-212CA9B477F9.jpeg

Hello,
I’d like to control a non steeering servo, example channel 3. But I’d like to position it and maintain a certain angle according to the angle of a knob. Basically similar to a steering but not needing to return to center. The idea is to make a turntable to orient an FPV camera for looking around. Another option is to use a momentary switch to keep the servo turning until I release, and switch the other way and release to maintain. Am I right that this is achievable with the radio system I titled? Is that how the VR knob switch works in the radio RC6GS? Does it even make sense ? I see some fpv cameras with just mounted hard to a chassis ie looking forward all the time while others have some DIY 2-3D gimbal setup, but they don’t look like being able to be oriented

View attachment 337408
Hello,
I’d like to control a non steeering servo, example channel 3. But I’d like to position it and maintain a certain angle according to the angle of a knob. Basically similar to a steering but not needing to return to center. The idea is to make a turntable to orient an FPV camera for looking around. Another option is to use a momentary switch to keep the servo turning until I release, and switch the other way and release to maintain. Am I right that this is achievable with the radio system I titled? Is that how the VR knob switch works in the radio RC6GS? Does it even make sense ? I see some fpv cameras with just mounted hard to a chassis ie looking forward all the time while others have some DIY 2-3D gimbal setup, but they don’t look like being able to be oriented

Like @jkflow said it should work for what you want it to do, but I also have no idea how to go about setting it up.

It's a simple channel that you can assign, works like any other channel.
I'm sure it is as simple as just plugging it in to the proper channel and letting it rip.

Yes, that knob will work just fine.
No idea if it makes sense, that's for you to figure out.
Thanks, so the VR knob can send variable proportional Pwm signal just like throttle and steering, instead of on-off max pwm, yes?
Like @jkflow said it should work for what you want it to do, but I also have no idea how to go about setting it up.
If you have a RC6GS can you assign a channel to the switch and just plug a regular steeering servo into the appropriate channel and see how it responds? In the name of science of course.

Thanks, so the VR knob can send variable proportional Pwm signal just like throttle and steering, instead of on-off max pwm, yes?

If you have a RC6GS can you assign a channel to the switch and just plug a regular steeering servo into the appropriate channel and see how it responds? In the name of science of course.
Yeah I just need to decide which car will be the easiest to access the rx in.

On my RC6GS V2 by default the VR switch is set to channel 3 it can control and hold the position of the servo where you leave it.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back