Why RadioLink? RC6GS V3.. E BRAKE BUTTON SOLVED!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr9Mojave

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
So my RC6GS V3 arrived and first impressions were good..until i saw the switches near the trigger that can/could be used for the hand/E brake.

In the end i was happy to have the V2 for i realised i would actually be utilising the hand brake feature.

But after seeing the size of the switches on the Radiolink i realised using the e brake is going to be difficult.:rolleyes:

The switch on the DX3 is perfect for it, so yeah I'm a little disappointed with how those switches are made, if only they stuck out a little more..:unsure:

Is anyone using this radio with a V2 Infraction?

Late Edit-Would it be possible to have say the silver round switch(SWA) extended?
Possibly glue something on top?

DSC01440.JPG

DSC01439.JPG

DSC01437.JPG

SWA is a little hard to use, but I find SWD is in a good place for me. Might have do with the size of your hands and how you hold the radio?

I don't see any harm in gluing something to the button that sticks out.

If you really wanted to get into to it you could replace it with a momentary toggle or something, but you're probably just over-achieving at that point.

SWA is a little hard to use, but I find SWD is in a good place for me. Might have do with the size of your hands and how you hold the radio?
Sadly SWD doesn't work for me either, and yeah my hands are pretty large.

I tried it though, but once my finger gets around the trigger comfortably it makes it hard to press that switch.

I think I'll just glue something to swa and see how that goes, appreciate the replies thank you.🙏

Sadly SWD doesn't work for me either, and yeah my hands are pretty large.

I tried it though, but once my finger gets around the trigger comfortably it makes it hard to press that switch.

I think I'll just glue something to swa and see how that goes, appreciate the replies thank you.🙏
If there's a will there's a way grandma used to say 🐄

I hate that button also. I am planning to switch all of my Traxxas and Arrma cars that I launch/drag back to a Traxxas TQi for a proper trans brake I can activate naturally, which is also 100% reliable and won't instead sometimes start cruise control and cause a runaway.

I ripped the e-brake out of my FT but haven't removed it from the Infraction yet (but that one is still on the original Spektrum Tx/Rx).

I also had similar problem but I manage to make SWD work even though it's not really comfortable. SWA is in the better position but it's the worse button. Has like zero feedback when I press it, hate it lol.

I'm going to try a simple rubber patch which will have a nub in it and that nub will be sitting on top of the switch/button.

I'll be able to glue the rubber patch to the radio itself so it wont be able to move.

That's the plan anyway!:geek:

So my RC6GS V3 arrived and first impressions were good..until i saw the switches near the trigger that can/could be used for the hand/E brake.

In the end i was happy to have the V2 for i realised i would actually be utilising the hand brake feature.

But after seeing the size of the switches on the Radiolink i realised using the e brake is going to be difficult.:rolleyes:

The switch on the DX3 is perfect for it, so yeah I'm a little disappointed with how those switches are made, if only they stuck out a little more..:unsure:

Is anyone using this radio with a V2 Infraction?

Late Edit-Would it be possible to have say the silver round switch(SWA) extended?
Possibly glue something on top?

View attachment 295185

View attachment 295186

View attachment 295188
Ik some guys at the lhs used a playstation button .sticks out more🤷

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back