Radionlink R7FG Receiver Setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayP.

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
So I planned on using this receiver in my outcast, but I'm not really sure how to set up the dual antennas. It says to keep them 90° apart, but I really don't want to do that. I know I probably won't get the 600 meters range keeping them together, but I want to know if it's even okay to do so. Will it cause weird interference? Or will I just have less range? I couldn't really find anything on it. I remember seeing a video in the past of someone running them twisted together, but I can't find it.

I have no problems with mine like this and I don't speed run with it.
20220831_171208.jpg

it really doesn't matter, I sometimes keep one antenna inside the rx box because I don't want to deal with it. The rx that comes with 1 antenna is cheaper though so next time you're better off buying that one =P

How did you mount that second antenna?
I have no problems with mine like this and I don't speed run with it.
it really doesn't matter, I sometimes keep one antenna inside the rx box because I don't want to deal with it. The rx that comes with 1 antenna is cheaper though so next time you're better off buying that one =P
Yeah the only reason I have this one is because it came with my RCG6S V2. I wanted to use it in my most used truck since it's the nicer receiver. I plan on buying the RG6F Receivers with the single antennas after this one.

How did you mount that second antenna?

Yeah the only reason I have this one is because it came with my RCG6S V2. I wanted to use it in my most used truck since it's the nicer receiver. I plan on buying the RG6F Receivers with the single antennas after this one.
I just shoved it in the hole of the battery holder. 🤷‍♂️ 😂 Yea, I just get the single antenna ones now. That was my 1st rig so I didn't know any better. 😂

I tape some of my antenna to the side of the battery box too.

I just shoved it in the hole of the battery holder. 🤷‍♂️ 😂 Yea, I just get the single antenna ones now. That was my 1st rig so I didn't know any better. 😂
Hey I mean if it works! I might do the same, though having two antennas looks a little silly. I'm going to test it with the second antenna shoved into the receiver box. If I have any issues with that, I'll run a second antenna tube through the battery holder.

Hey I mean if it works! I might do the same, though having two antennas looks a little silly. I'm going to test it with the second antenna shoved into the receiver box. If I have any issues with that, I'll run a second antenna tube through the battery holder.
I'd say silly. Hell, I put that in my stunt truck Noto6s. :rolleyes:🤦‍♂️😂 That thing doesn't really go more than 50' from me!! I chalk it up to a rookie mistake. 😜 Lessons learned.

I don't think the cheapest RX's have gyros. Something to keep in mind in case that matters to you.

I don't think the cheapest RX's have gyros. Something to keep in mind in case that matters to you.
The cheapest one I'd buy is the 6 channel R6FG. I believe that one still has the gyro function. I never really use gyro, but having the option is nice if I want to hand the controller off to someone less experienced.
This is off topic to my initial post, but has anyone ran a lipo battery in the RC6GS? I know people usually prefer LiFe batteries to run in their TX, but I have a lot of smaller LiPo batteries I use in high powered dart guns. And I have a 3s 1,300mAh turnigy that fits like a charm in it... It says it can take up to 15 volts as well, so I would think a 3 cell lipo would be fine considering the maximum voltage is 12.6.

The cheapest one I'd buy is the 6 channel R6FG. I believe that one still has the gyro function. I never really use gyro, but having the option is nice if I want to hand the controller off to someone less experienced.
This is off topic to my initial post, but has anyone ran a lipo battery in the RC6GS? I know people usually prefer LiFe batteries to run in their TX, but I have a lot of smaller LiPo batteries I use in high powered dart guns. And I have a 3s 1,300mAh turnigy that fits like a charm in it... It says it can take up to 15 volts as well, so I would think a 3 cell lipo would be fine considering the maximum voltage is 12.6.
I have 4 rc6gs and 3 of them use a lipo. I haven't had any problems and the wifey definitely enjoys how much lighter it is compared to 6 AA lol.

Haven't tried it yet. I like to buy lots of AAs for some reason. 🤷‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 😂

So I planned on using this receiver in my outcast, but I'm not really sure how to set up the dual antennas. It says to keep them 90° apart, but I really don't want to do that. I know I probably won't get the 600 meters range keeping them together, but I want to know if it's even okay to do so. Will it cause weird interference? Or will I just have less range? I couldn't really find anything on it. I remember seeing a video in the past of someone running them twisted together, but I can't find it.
Here you go check out this video from East Tactics, I just got one of these and had several questions on set up. This guy pretty much answered all my concerns, well most. I'm waiting on his in depth vid. I know you will find good info and and answer to your question.

Do you run these in series, where did you get the connector?
Just one at a time. On the RC6GS V3, you pull the AA battery tray out and disconnect it. The plug the red JST connector in.
On the G7P, you just plug in the JST in the open spot. The AA battery tray does not come out.

1000mah is a lot of battery for just a transmitter. I was out for about 1.5 hours the other day and still had over 4.0v per cell when I got home. And @~$23 for a two pack an extra set is a no brainer for me

Right around 1:46 you can see the lady pull the battery tray and put in a lipo. I use some of the foam to stop the battery from rattling around

Ideally you want them facing opposite directions to increase range. The double antenna configuration was meant more for planes and helis so it's not integral for a basher. If you want the best range though, it's good practice to face one forward and one back. In my Noto, I run one through the middle of the front tower secured with a zip tie and the second goes back over the center dif mount, also secured by a zip tie.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back