Senton Rally senton incoming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my belted Powerhobby Defenders for Senton 6s. Got a jconcepts F2 SCT body in yesterday. Getting closer. Had a setback for 40mm fan for motor. Aliexpress sold me duds that go with aluminum fan mounts. Cut screen mesh for em' and everything. At least the chassis braces and diff cups worked out. Put in stock spektrum servo from when the V5 Kraton first came on the shelves. Gonna have to buy fans, trim and paint.

20240307_181847.jpg

20240307_181942.jpg

Arrma really should remake the Senton 6S.
Agreed. They were fools to discontinue. Honestly, Traxxas would've fared better to make the new Slash with their Sledge platform imo. Either a 1/10th or 8th on 6s. A 1/10th like that would've really taught ARRMA a lesson.

Yes for sure. For 699$ it should be on the Sledge platform. Arrma would have to work hard to compete with that. Although the MAXX is pretty legendary for its durability.

Yes for sure. For 699$ it should be on the Sledge platform. Arrma would have to work hard to compete with that. Although the MAXX is pretty legendary for its durability.
It is, but it just doesn't handle like a true SCT like the Sledge platform could. It's a lower cg monster truck with SCT tires. That's it. Durable? Heck yeah, actual SCT?....no. Because of that ARRMA continues to feel smug about their overweight 4s Mojave. The 6s platform is worth its weight. All ARRMA would have to do, is mold the body mounts for Typhon towers and keep the Typhon arms and driveshafts. Then just mold a bit wider body. Bam...a new, revised Senton 6s. It would definitely sell.

for sure. Kick the MAXXSlash in the pants.
But how can you say the MAXXSlash doesn't handle like a SCT? Seems like it all looks about the same as the Mojo but plastic.

for sure. Kick the MAXXSlash in the pants.
But how can you say the MAXXSlash doesn't handle like a SCT? Seems like it all looks about the same as the Mojo but plastic.
Razor RC on YouTube. I trust that dude. Plus, you can actually see that the suspension just doesn't have that plushness and body roll dip. It's too....stiff, and no amount of shock and spring work can compensate for that. It looks like an SCT, it's durable as all get-out, but it ain't no real SCT imo.

Edit. I held one in my hands at my LHS. It's neat, it's lightweight for the size, but something is definitely off about it.

Back