Kraton EXB Rally build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soilhalo77

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Hi all,
With all the bits I’ve got from my Kraton build I’ve decided I want to use the original parts to try to make a rally car.
I know I’m gonna have to possibly change a few bits , I.E. arms towers etc but before I even go down this road I was hoping someone could possibly point me in the direction to look for the body? Cos if I can’t find the body I want then I’m going to change the build.
I’m looking for a Lancia HF intergrale/ Puegoet 205 T16 or that sort of era of cars.
I found those bodies and they have a wheel base of 325 and the Kraton is 377 , I just don’t have enough experience to know where I should be looking that could possibly bring me to a solution
Any help ideas ? Brilliant 🙏🙏👍👍👍

Will probably be better to convert to a Typhon which will have better proportions for an on-road car and body.

Will probably be better to convert to a Typhon which will have better proportions for an on-road car and body.
+1
Beat me to the punch.
Closest fitting Ralley'ish type body out there, Wheelbase wise, would probably be on a Typhon/TLRT/OC/Notorious SWB chassis if anything.

+1
Beat me to the punch.
Closest fitting Ralley'ish type body out there, Wheelbase wise, would probably be on a Typhon/TLRT/OC/Notorious SWB chassis if anything.
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking, everything is 325 mm. My ideal scenario would be to use all the Kraton parts, but like I said would depend on bodies. My other idea is just to go with the VW BUG Body and make a tyre slaying monster

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking, everything is 325 mm. My ideal scenario would be to use all the Kraton parts, but like I said would depend on bodies. My other idea is just to go with the VW BUG Body and make a tyre slaying monster
A lot of the delta plastik bodies will fit typhon arms under the body, but i like the sent arms a to get them in a little farther. I'm swapping a widened senton back to senton arms with fireteam hubs/hex/stub axles and bought a ford focus body on there to try on it. I have a set of 6s senton tires but may try typhon tires on it since they are only a little larger. My last foray into the senton tires on 6s and they split off the wheel every time i messed with them. RCDUDE81 has an italian bodied one running the senton tires as well. This is what the rig looks like with a bug body and a pic of my on road bmw. The wing is coming off the bug so the ford body will fit. I may have to get creative for the rear body posts though since it'll prob be taller than the tallest body posts for the senton towers.

buggy.jpg

buggy2.jpg

on road typhon 2.jpg

on road typhon.jpg

They look sick! BMW is a Typhon and the Bug is a Fireteam? Is that correct? And yeah RCD81 is running a Lancia Delta Hf Intergrale Evo Body on his Rally car.
Its on of my dream cars since I was a kid :cool:(y)

They look sick! BMW is a Typhon and the Bug is a Fireteam? Is that correct? And yeah RCD81 is running a Lancia Delta Hf Intergrale Evo Body on his Rally car.
Its on of my dream cars since I was a kid :cool:(y)
Both are the swb chassis. I used the fireteam hubs/stub axles/hex since the senton tires were rubbing on something on typhon stub axles/hex. I figure the fireteam hubs are the same as the others but I didn't want to bust apart the hubs with my +2mm jbi hex on them in case i decided to build another mojave. I pretty much popped them off at the towers/hinge pins and swapped everything over and kept the mo stuff together.

buggy3.jpg

buggy4.jpg

buggy5.jpg

I'd have to look up wheelbases to be specific but..

The typhon and inferno is pretty well the same length. The gt2 and gt3 inferno's that are the onroad version use the extended inferno st (truggy) chassis..
I'd think there would be some on-road bodies available for the kraton chassis seeing as how that should be very close to the inferno st/ gt2 gt3 setups.

🤔

My other bug is a swb chassis with kraton arms and 4s backflips. If you bought the swb chassis, center drive shafts, t2t brace, and center braces you'd be in business. May have to jack the rear body posts up to clear the tower though. I used senton towers on this as well but my tphon rear shocks up front and talion rears on the back.

dude buggy.jpg

dude buggy2.jpg

Dude buggy3.jpg

Both are the swb chassis. I used the fireteam hubs/stub axles/hex since the senton tires were rubbing on something on typhon stub axles/hex. I figure the fireteam hubs are the same as the others but I didn't want to bust apart the hubs with my +2mm jbi hex on them in case i decided to build another mojave. I pretty much popped them off at the towers/hinge pins and swapped everything over and kept the mo stuff together.

View attachment 342436

View attachment 342437

View attachment 342438

I freaking love that bug body/ paint bro! Nice work!

A guy at work was building a burnt orange colored bug and he calls himself snoddude so i had to make a dude buggy 🤣 You could always go the other direction and go mojave chassis/bits and run senton arms with 1/5 grp's to keep it skinnier than a mojave body. Did that too for a parking lot ripper since most of my parking lots are rough. Just bash it makes 1/5 grp adapters you cold fit on for on road stuff.

That is pretty sick!

View attachment 342436

View attachment 342437

View attachment 342438
Im gonna Have to go threw Rich Ds vids because he did the bug body, and unless im completely mistaken (it was well over a year ago, maybe 2) I could of sworn he used a kraton chassis. I have to go out for a little while but when I get back ill go on YouTube and try to show you guys what im aiming for based on a full sized build ive seen tearing up the streets of, "I think" San Francisco. But these build are definitely pointing me in the right direction, so thank you(y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
Hi, well I made a mistake, this is Rich Ds ,
and this is the car I had in mind to base the build off of
So calebgilmore your orange bug with the kraton arms is defo what im thinking😎😎😎

Let's not forget our own @RC DUDE81
With his bug and rally. He describes the builds, check em out- both bad rigs 😎

Yeah and definitely that one, but I just found a bargain on Ebay. I just got all this for £40 and its taken straight off a brand new 6s Typhon! Happy days!

BF46324F-FBE8-466D-BA69-227926FA8801.png

I basically have 80% of the parts and spares to do the build. TBH when I started adding up the cost from the breakers I usually use I was going to hold off on it but with a brand new Chassis plus zero scratches only marks from taking it apart I couldn't not buy it for this price even if I don't start the build straight away. Ive been on a bit of a spending spree on my Kraton to get it exactly how I want it lately, but im super stoked about what im getting for the price even and it even has the side skirts I wanted

Last edited:
A guy at work was building a burnt orange colored bug and he calls himself snoddude so i had to make a dude buggy 🤣 You could always go the other direction and go mojave chassis/bits and run senton arms with 1/5 grp's to keep it skinnier than a mojave body. Did that too for a parking lot ripper since most of my parking lots are rough. Just bash it makes 1/5 grp adapters you cold fit on for on road stuff.
What’s the 2 different bug bodies u have? I can only find one on Delta plastics🤷‍♂️

IMG_5012.jpeg
IMG_5012.jpeg
I decided to go the Rally car route, always loved the HF Integrale EVO. Used a Max 8 combo with Kraton EXB LSD center diff 44t spur with 200cst
Front and rear diffs are Infraction V2 15/42
Front is 50k ( didn’t have 60) rear is 30k
Using rocket fans on motor which has a 20t pinion for shredding tyres, nothing has gotten too hot but I am in uk and it’s been around 5-8 degrees. Do have another fan for ESC.
Using a cheap servo but ordered wrong one 0.21 [email protected] so gyro not working as well as it could, (basically wasting the performance of the radio link trans) but even with this shape shell and not quite getting full throttle my best run was 81mph . If my math is correct I should get another 7-8 mph out of it as it is with the 44/20 gearing but I have a 24 pinion to try when I find a better rd and I should break 100.
When I built it I used washers under the droop screws so I could get it sitting really low and fuel tube on the shocks to limit travel so the tyres didn’t wear through the body. I made carbon splitter/bumper , side extensions and rear bumper which are yet to go on and I spent £12 on a 20mm thick gym floor mat for bumpers and side protection.
Car is built off a Typhon chassis but I used as many Kraton EXB parts as I could and a fastrax servo mount I had lying around. Maybe I add a 40x40x28 3S fan on ESC but for now I’m super happy with how it turned out. My only negative is I wish I could use (maybe there’s a way?) the LSD in front and rear as for me it handles more like the real thing over an open diff but he thicker oil over the stock 10k definitely makes it way better
IMG_5025.png

Back