Senton Rally senton incoming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calebgilmore

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Senton 6s
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
  11. Vorteks
  12. Voltage
Totally blame @RC DUDE81 for this one. Loved his rally car ripper and wanted to make one of my own. I went with the delta plastik focus body and have some monster energy decals on the way in a muted gray color to finish this one off. I hope outcast side skirts will help keep debris out, and I may need to add the outcast/kraton front guards as well. Max8g2/2250 combo in this one with standard senton towers, custom rear body posts, exb center braces, and chinesium hinge pin blocks. I do have the typhon wheels/tires on it in the bare chassis pic and may end up using them but I have 2 sets of senton wheels/tires I may burn through first. I do have some buggy badlands on another 6s senton that I could put on for absurd traction too 😂

IMG_8402.jpeg

IMG_8401.jpeg

IMG_9603.jpeg

IMG_9605.jpeg

IMG_9607.jpeg

IMG_9608.jpeg

IMG_9609.jpeg

IMG_9610.jpeg

IMG_9613.jpeg

IMG_9743.jpeg

That is so cool! I couldn't possibly handle those stencils and nice paint job. I can only do basic stuff. Thought about making a Rally car out of Typhon parts, but am currently trying to build a Senton 6s instead. Will probably get a jConcepts SCT body. Using Typhon everything. Had to dremel down the shock towers to fit into the Senton body mounts. Plus trim the mounts a bit. Wasn't easy.

20240227_151716.jpg

20240227_151635.jpg

That is so cool! I couldn't possibly handle those stencils and nice paint job. I can only do basic stuff. Thought about making a Rally car out of Typhon parts, but am currently trying to build a Senton 6s instead. Will probably get a jConcepts SCT body. Using Typhon everything. Had to dremel down the shock towers to fit into the Senton body mounts. Plus trim the mounts a bit. Wasn't easy.

View attachment 351580

View attachment 351581
The typhon towers are close! Senton parts are still out there. I’ve used basherqueen and just bash it towers on a couple of sentons that are more for off road shenanigans. I figured the stock towers would be ok on this build. Senton arms/drive shafts Are still out there too. I use them on my on road build and I have a Mojave running them so the 1/5 grp’s still fit under the body

I guess I went with Typhon stuff to be sure to have easier to acquire replacement parts for a few years. In hindsight, I should've tried harder to get some Senton towers. I'm fairly sure they'd work with the Typhon arms and shocks okay. Some carbon fiber ones would be sweet. Didn't think to check BasherQueen's stuff for that. Had to drill through the body mounts as the holes didn't quite line up. Works for now. If it breaks I'll figure something different out. Just put HW 2000kv Quickrun motor an a Stock V5 servo with black Treal servo mount. Driveshaft slightly striking it. A wobble from these crummy Safe-D input cups. Darn it! More hiccups. Might have to rip it apart to put on traditional input cups in. Looking at 5mm grub screw ones. Those need red loctite in my experience from my 2 other ARRMA trucks.

I guess I went with Typhon stuff to be sure to have easier to acquire replacement parts for a few years. In hindsight, I should've tried harder to get some Senton towers. I'm fairly sure they'd work with the Typhon arms and shocks okay. Some carbon fiber ones would be sweet. Didn't think to check BasherQueen's stuff for that. Had to drill through the body mounts as the holes didn't quite line up. Works for now. If it breaks I'll figure something different out. Just put HW 2000kv Quickrun motor an a Stock V5 servo with black Treal servo mount. Driveshaft slightly striking it. A wobble from these crummy Safe-D input cups. Darn it! More hiccups. Might have to rip it apart to put on traditional input cups in. Looking at 5mm grub screw ones. Those need red loctite in my experience from my 2 other ARRMA trucks.
My other sentons have a max8 g2 combo or max6/1730kv hobbystar motor in them

IMG_6678.jpeg

IMG_8239.jpeg

IMG_8240.jpeg

IMG_3355.jpeg

IMG_3905.jpeg

IMG_5146.jpeg

IMG_5717.jpeg

Those are awesome! Mine's gonna be low level compared to those machines 😅 I see you mostly like those HW G2's. I have a 1730kv hobbystar 4092 in mojave/kraton chassis hybrid with Max 6 that's glitching from forward to reverse. ESC only used a few times 🤷. I thought about the G2's, but trying to go what I call another "half budget" build. $125 for quickrun combo called my name. This one is gonna have to be my last one for a few years at least. Then just concentrate on running and maintenance. Planned builds are addictive.

Those are awesome! Mine's gonna be low level compared to those machines 😅 I see you mostly like those HW G2's. I have a 1730kv hobbystar 4092 in mojave/kraton chassis hybrid with Max 6 that's glitching from forward to reverse. ESC only used a few times 🤷. I thought about the G2's, but trying to go what I call another "half budget" build. $125 for quickrun combo called my name. This one is gonna have to be my last one for a few years at least. Then just concentrate on running and maintenance. Planned builds are addictive.
My go to on my larger 6s trucks is the max6/4092 1730kv hobbystars with 12v fans geared 24/46. I have a few with the max6/4985 combos and have a max6 g2 combo arriving tomorrow for a notorious build. I bought one of those 150a quickrun combos I’m putting in a 6s on road typhon

Reminds me of the Tyco Bandit. Or Nikko? I had a RadioShack silver Ferrari and the neighbor kids rolled over it with their Bandit and laughed at mine. That was my dream RC as a kid. Never got one, but modern RC has more than made up for it. Also remember this one dude (neighbor woman's boyfriend) next door around 1990, he had this huge electric buggy and jumped that thing off a 5ft tall custom BMX ramp all day. Had a long line of yellow AA nickel cadmiums powering it in the chassis. To this day I still can't figure out what make and model it was.

Reminds me of the Tyco Bandit. Or Nikko? I had a RadioShack silver Ferrari and the neighbor kids rolled over it with their Bandit and laughed at mine. That was my dream RC as a kid. Never got one, but modern RC has more than made up for it. Also remember this one dude (neighbor woman's boyfriend) next door around 1990, he had this huge electric buggy and jumped that thing off a 5ft tall custom BMX ramp all day. Had a long line of yellow AA nickel cadmiums powering it in the chassis. To this day I still can't figure out what make and model it was.
My friend had a bandit with the same livery and we smoked it in minutes running it into a ditch full of water 😂

Another option out there is to use Limitless towers on the front. I ended up doing that get my Protoform Corvette C7 body low enough at the front. Then I took it a step further and now pretty much I have a SentLess, lol.
20231121_220547.jpg
20230316_042107.jpg

Last edited:
Sick! I've always wanted to build a Rally but haven't had a car to build one on.
Snag a swb rig and the senton arms/drive shafts/typhon turnbuckles tightened in shorter and you are set 👍🏻

well yeah, but $$$.
You could use the typhon arms in a pinch but the wheels may be close to the body. My on road senton has enough room on grp’s to run typhon arms

IMG_3905.jpeg

Back