RC Purchase Limit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ehhhhh,well…….. I have 6 kids from 22 down to 9. 3 boys 3 girls. 3 of which live at home..

So I blame my small scale purchases on the young ones, and my large scale purchases are for me as I pass down my previous toys to the older kids, who in fact have absolutely zero interest in rc hahahaha as I use my wife as the reason for random purchases “cause I figure she might like it” hahaha. My family is considerate and we do all play together at least 5-6 times a year and they all don’t mind wrenching on them or learning to maintain them and the wife enjoys buying “pretty” stuff for them.

Sir,
Now that's a Handful!!
More Power to you to still manage to Conjure up the mental And physical Energy to wrench & Rip with ALL your kiddos!!!

Sounds like you have a Wonderful wife to back you up in this hobby ,the way she does. 🍺👍

So my addiction is sorta a family fun event as for the numbers it’s a bit high I try not to have more than 50 ready to go at any point!!! In my opinion it’s excessive however I’ve had worse addictions that didn’t include any family time so we are all good with where we are at,and family always comes first!!!

That's quite Large number of rigs.. got any photos of the inventory?

Here's a related question.
How many of you have spent more cash on hop up parts than the cost of the truck there going on?
Me, I only have 3 rc’s, but I have so much fun working on them and trying new parts lately the budget for a new one is kinda gone. FedEx truck is here twice a week minimum.

Sir,
Now that's a Handful!!
More Power to you to still manage to Conjure up the mental And physical Energy to wrench & Rip with ALL your kiddos!!!

Sounds like you have a Wonderful wife to back you up in this hobby ,the way she does. 🍺👍

That's quite Large number of rigs.. got any photos of the inventory?
Absolutely don’t mind loading a photo when I get home this evening!!! You can see a few of them on my you. Tube. If you search Slimeball RC. But either way I’ll snap a shot tonight and get back on the forum.. and yes she is an amazing wife!! If you do check out the channel you’ll see lots of purple on a 124019 that I used the excuse thought she’d like it!! lol. She wanted it all decked out so I showed her where to buy what and she went to town. I got to install it all and she never played with it so I said hey we should swap this to brushless she said you can have it I played with it and I think I want something different sooooo a new reedy brushless system went in it just this week!!! Hahahahaha

I think my limit was always how many I could store without running out of practical space (and it wasn’t much to begin with). I think I had about 7-8 at one time that were running. I always had trouble selling any of them. Then one day like others I decided family and saving for future goals was priority. I ended up selling some of my rc cars, even rare ones like a new in box Nero 6S and Fazon (regret selling that one lol 😂). Now I’ve just got 4 in total. An Xmaxx, the new Kraton 6S exb, a Talion 6S with a bunch of aftermarket parts, and I’ve preordered that new Losi 8ight xe rtr buggy to run at our local track. I had a bunch of tower points credit ($135 worth) and used the 20% coupon code so it was a good purchase for me on a platform I wanted. I don’t plan on buying any other rigs right now except if Arrma releases an updated Outcast/Notorious 6S truck or has a big sale on the current Notorious 6S. I found working on my rc is as fun as driving them. So I spend less money repairing and improving the few that I have then buying new.

The rc hobby is the least of my worries price wise compared to snowmobiling or motorcycles diesel trucks or hunting the rc is the cheapest and most convenient I can work on it or run it in the middle of the night at my apt ect now I only have my kraton and my slash and ya I buy parts every pay day but I get the most use out of it so it cost vs benefit the gf doesn't ask as long as I can pay my bills my money my time invested 😉 but in all seriousness I work industrial maintenance and working on these things is therapeutic to me

Darn wrong thread but no plenty of deer tho

Wrong thread lol

Ya ever kill anyone?

I carry a Kershaw on me at all times. Damn cardboard boxes ring my doorbell everyday, and then hide right around the corner waiting to ambush me. This old timer knows better, I've seen 'em do that on TV. I grab 'em by the corner, throw them on the floor and slice them lengthwise right down the middle.

Doesn't stop them though, they keep on coming. :cautious:

Since December of last year I’ve added 10 vehicles to my addiction along with countless parts and upgrades. Nothing is stock other than two Kyosho fazers which are just perfect for what they are. Just received $300 worth of parts and accessories yesterday and a new Losi Baja Rey. Addicted, yes. Fun, yes. Worth it? Who cares it’s my money.

IMG_9432.jpeg

IMG_9434.jpeg

IMG_9431.jpeg

Since December of last year I’ve added 10 vehicles to my addiction along with countless parts and upgrades. Nothing is stock other than two Kyosho fazers which are just perfect for what they are. Just received $300 worth of parts and accessories yesterday and a new Losi Baja Rey. Addicted, yes. Fun, yes. Worth it? Who cares it’s my money.

View attachment 364997

View attachment 364998

View attachment 364999
Hardly 6 months and 10 rigs. Excellent. This is a great hobby. Enjoy.

Back