Showroom Condition RC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroK

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
Just wondering how some people who post pictures of their rig always looks immaculate. They bash harder and jump higher, but in the pictures posted it appears better than new while mine looks like it lost a fight with a rottweiler.

Photoshop, spare body shell, 2nd identical rig...what's the secret?

Just wondering how some people who post pictures of their rig always looks immaculate. They bash harder and jump higher, but in the pictures posted it appears better than new while mine looks like it lost a fight with a rottweiler.

You just need to bash harder. When stuff breaks it gets replaced with new. ;)

I'm sure that good driving/landing and regular maintenance play their part.

Wipe it down with an oily rag.. I spray mine down with spray oil then use a paint brush to get in all the small bits.

After a really dirty sesh I strip bits off so I can oil my bearings and get her nice and clean.

There’s a cool video from east tactics on YouTube, I kinda do what he does.

Wipe it down with an oily rag.. I spray mine down with spray oil then use a paint brush to get in all the small bits.

After a really dirty sesh I strip bits off so I can oil my bearings and get her nice and clean.

+1 East Tactics rocks.

With regard to after run maintenance, I clean everything with the air compressor and silicon oil the moving parts.

I like mud...

1711265607067.jpeg

I will give you a tip, when you got a fresh rig you take ALL THE PICTURES YOU CAN the first day before you mess it up. :cool:

I will give you a tip, when you got a fresh rig you take ALL THE PICTURES YOU CAN the first day before you mess it up. :cool:

That's cheating..

I use an air compressor and Simple Green.

But in your case , you might need to hose the body down first.

Every rig I own has a spare body. I use one for bashing, and one for lookin at. 🤣 When I'm done running a rig for awhile, I use an air compressor, simple green and wipe it all down. 🏁. I even armor all the tires.

Every rig I own has a spare body. I use one for bashing, and one for lookin at. 🤣 When I'm done running a rig for awhile, I use an air compressor, simple green and wipe it all down. 🏁. I even armor all the tires.
Like the spare body idea... Can have the cars on display in the living room rather than hiding them in the garage.

Arrma rig gets armor for the tires...nice

All of the above. :)

Seriously, like @Moirae, I take my pictures early in the life of my RCs and early in the day before they get abused and dirty.

Lots of elbow grease and be a clean freak 🤪. Partial disassembly really helps.

Just wondering do you have one for show? I usually use the stock one for bashing. :cool:
For my TRX-4, I have an orange and black Land Rover Defender body for show, and the original red Defender body without spare tire and jack for trail running. And for my TRX-4 1979 Ford F150 High Trail, I have the brown body with chrome roll bar and mirrors for show and a blue body without a roll bar for trail running.

My guess: alot of guys don't actually beat on their rigs, their idea of "bashing", is driving around in the grass and maybe hitting a small jump or two... I don't care how well you stay on top of something, a rig that actually gets used and beat on, will carry all the scars, just no way around it... not to say you can't keep them clean, but you can always tell when a car is a shelf queen or a basher

Back