Talion RC Screws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wd40 speeds up part rusting? Come on now...I’ll have to experiment. I’ve been putting that poop on everything for 40years...

Wd40 speeds up part rusting? Come on now...I’ll have to experiment. I’ve been putting that poop on everything for 40years...

I'm gonna guess you have a rusty bike chain? :)

Next time you have a squeaky door - Pull the hinge pin, wipe all the old grease off, re-install, and put WD40 on the hinge. It will be quiet for about a month, then squeak worse than ever. If you don't wipe the old grease off, the WD 40 will just move the grease around (trying to clean it), and it will take a few months for it to start to squeak again. The experiment fails, but it fails because the good grease gets back to where it is needed, not because WD40 is doing any lubing...

I'm gonna guess you have a rusty bike chain? :)

Next time you have a squeaky door - Pull the hinge pin, wipe all the old grease off, re-install, and put WD40 on the hinge. It will be quiet for about a month, then squeak worse than ever. If you don't wipe the old grease off, the WD 40 will just move the grease around (trying to clean it), and it will take a few months for it to start to squeak again. The experiment fails, but it fails because the good grease gets back to where it is needed, not because WD40 is doing any lubing...
I use WD40 to clean nitro air filters, then follow up with dawn dish soap. I know, I'm a cheap SOB. However, after saturating the filter with WD40 and when I go to wring it out, it looks like it has a light grease in it. Kind of like white lithium goo that gets all over. Then I use the dawn to wash that out and they end up looking like new.

I've actually used wd40 to get grease off my hands. It works quite well as a cleaner! I've been told its purpose is to displace water and then dry fairly clean, and use as a temporary lubricant to help with assembling/disassembling.

Funny, every board I’m on whether electronics, guns, bikes, or rc cars there’s a group that are wd40 haters. Must be some kind of conspiracy. There’s a whole line of wd40 products and I like them all.

I have a ton of it, and use it on all types of stuff. It's definitely a great product. But a lot of people think its a rust preventer when in reality it can almost be used as degreaser. On the same note, I have been using a silicon based oil on my rc cars after they get wet, and I still have rusty screws... I guess I should shut my yap since I don't know the true answer... I'll just go back to drinkin and bashin.

In all seriousness I think everyone just wants to look out for each other and give "fair warning" when possible.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back