Kraton RCAWD 3s/4s Pivot Balls?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I can't properly read it seems...

I do have a hard time finding balls that are 10mm long. Traxxas' balls that come with the rod ends are too short. And their 3x6.8x9.5 balls won't fit their M4 rod ends it seems.

Last edited:
I've said it elsewhere, I use inexpensive Teflon Tape to pack sloppy ball ends. It works.
Yet no one seems to at least try this first.....:unsure:
I guess it is not a glamorous enough fix? For some, spending $$ =Glamorous:LOL:
Check this out: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/pivot-balls-and-end-links-what-everyone-using.24126/post-332510

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/typhon-3s-wheel-or-suspension-slop-help.43625/post-602500

There are other threads as well using different models of Traxxas Rod Ends, just need a couple washers so they fit properly. I had a set of the HR aluminum balls, the aluminum just doesn't hold up, they ground themselves down.
+1.
I've said it so many times that HR and many upgrade parts never truly solve the issue. And yes, Alloy balls will wear like crap. Waste of coin.
If only I had a nickel for everyone who tried them over the years. So many old threads here in regards.
Need steel balls on plastic ends. Whatever you end up with.

Last edited:
I've said it elsewhere, I use inexpensive Teflon Tape to pack sloppy ball ends. It works.

+1.
I've said it so many times that HR and many upgrade parts never truly solve the issue. And yes Alloy balls wear like crap. Waste of coin.
If only I had a nickel for everyone who tried them over the years.
+ (y)

Last edited:
I guess it is not a glamorous enough fix? For some, spending $$ =Glamorous:LOL:

+1.
I've said it so many times that HR and many upgrade parts never truly solve the issue. And yes, Alloy balls will wear like crap. Waste of coin.
If only I had a nickel for everyone who tried them over the years. So many old threads here in regards.
I've used your Teflon tape method sir and can attest to its effectiveness. It's quick, cheap and works.

Well at least, I'm glad someone mentioned it. And the fact that it works for you makes me happy. T. Tape has been a Racer hack I've learned from old timers back in my 20's when I first started at the track.
Track RC Race kits usually have little if any slop, but as balls and ends normally wear, T. Tape works.

Last edited:
It's not pretty but I'm a function over fancy kind of guy. Especially if the function costs me no additional $ lol.

I've actually ordered some teflon tape following your advice. So how do I pack the ball ends? Just loop the tape inside the inner diameter and press it around? You're using steel pivot balls with it, or just plastic?

I run stock steel balls with all my 6s stuff. I understand the 4x4 line is still using stock plastic composite balls.
I cut small strips of T Tape and place them through the opened Ends, various thickness to suit. Initially is trial and error how much to use.. Then pop the balls back into the ends. I snip off any excess. Even if snug at first, after a break-in, they move quite freely enough and last a good while. I mostly do this to my On road speed runners, where precision Steering and Camber wheel alignment at the rear matters most to me.
With basher's I don't get that crazy. Depends on the rig in hand for me. But it does help, if all that slop bothers you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back