Talion RCROD'S NEW SPEED TRUGGY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCROD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Here's some pics of my new V3 Talion before it gets bashed, scarred & all beat up.

IMG_2734.JPG IMG_2693.JPG IMG_2740.JPG

I stole my old, but still new Hitec 7955TG servo from another project. After installing, I did not like the downward angle or how low the servo arm was (short arm from the servo horn to bellcrank), due to the low height of my red Dynamite servo arm. The stock Arrma horn would have worked great, but it is 25T & Hitec has 24T (now most are 25T?) I did not find another servo horn I liked (less choices for 24T), and since my Dynamite horn is extremely light (which fits my Talion goals) & is the correct length, I did not want to change it anyways. I decided to re-install the servo arm on top of the servo horn, instead of below. I already had 4-5mm aluminum spacers & a longer screw, so no cost to do this. I did have to pop the ball out of the arm & flip it around, due to relocating the arm on top of the servo horn. Now my servo arm is level & much easier to service, etc, it just sits higher now. Even if I get some Outcast front guards, the servo arm should just clear the guards. Let me know what you guys think if it's ok as is?

IMG_2703.JPG IMG_2704.JPGIMG_2705.JPG

I also stole some Gene Hickerson turnbuckles off my other project. Their 7075 aluminum, 7.5mm thick, and very light. These turnbuckles are extremely strong as they were also made for the front (same but slightly shorter) as they also handled the duty of an upper suspension arm (see picture on my next post, as you will see the blue upper arm/front turnbuckle). These were a direct fit for the Talion and I only had to remove the inner balls from the stock Arrma steel turnbuckles & put into these. I also removed the blue anodizing before installing on my Talion (took a little bit as I used fine sandpaper so no material removed). I think they make the rear end of the Talion look even more aggressive and tough. I definitely won't be running this w/o any rear mud guards.

IMG_2709.JPG IMG_2729.JPG IMG_2718.JPG

Picture of my 1/8 brushless fleet:

IMG_2674.JPG

Last edited:
I know it's not an Arrma, but I wanted to show a couple of pics of my pro kit Nitro truggy, due to the unique center chassis brace a lot of members talk about making on this site. This truggy is built well & all aluminum is high end 7075 on the kit. Unfortunately, I lost interest in Nitro just when I was finishing it. I was thinking of converting to electric before & presently, it just sits on the shelve (& now I'm stealing parts from it...) I do like the center chassis brace that runs from tower to tower & attaches to the middle diff mount, which should add a lot of chassis strength. Maybe these pics will give someone ideas?
IMG_2728.JPGIMG_2713.JPGIMG_2715.JPGIMG_2725.JPG

Couple more pics of the fleet:
IMG_2670.JPGIMG_2671.JPG

V3 Talion stance compared to the new Kraton & Rival MT. I did raise the suspension height on my Talion as it comes quite low out of the box for those 70+ mph speed runs. I will be running Pro-Line Badlands on some light DE Racing wheels which are slightly taller than the stock Katar tires.

IMG_2672.JPG

T-Bone Racing (Typhon) front bumper. This is TBR's smallest & lightest available. Arrma's new LP Talion speed truggy, silently begged me to not add a big bulky heavy bumper. The Typhon bumper weighs 39.0g + 1.1g more for the longer screws. Total weight increase for the front bumper/skid is 40.1g:

IMG_2787.JPG IMG_2783.JPGIMG_2784.JPG

RPM Racing rear skid plate. This weighed a meager 11.0g (+ 1.4g more for the longer screws). For all the valuable underneath chassis protection this offers, it was a great upgrade & only a 12.4g weight increase:

IMG_2785.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2780.JPG
    IMG_2780.JPG
    225.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I like how that T Bone bumper fits. I might have to grab one of those.
I definitely do not want to add any unnecessary weight to my V3 Talion light, keeping it as light as possible, especially since it is a "SPEED TRUGGY". TBR's bumpers are all way too heavy & big for the Talion. However, I did still want some front crash protection (bad landings of jumps, etc), and the Typhon Basher front bumper (#10007) was my best choice, and fit what I was looking for. It's light, not too bulky, does not stick out too far + it has less drag, compared to any other TBR bumpers. My only gripe is I would like it to stick out another 1/4" (but that's getting maybe too fussy), unless TBR is listening and thinking of designing a new bumper for the V3 Talion?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back