Senton Really Arrma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martinsonly1

Reaction score
I've had a new Senton Mega for a couple of weeks, a little light brushed bashing...
Upgraded today to brushless system, 3S , new blx slipper, metal hexes, center shaft reinforced with the bearing, etc., and it ran like a crazy rocket. A real blast.. Then...
No back left spin.
Opened the diff case to shredded plastic. No metal shavings. Took a few minutes then I saw it...no bearing in the diff case holding the driveshaft. From the factory that way. Cleaned and put a Fast Eddy in. Good to go.
Thanks Arrma! (NOT).

I've had a new Senton Mega for a couple of weeks, a little light brushed bashing...
Upgraded today to brushless system, 3S , new blx slipper, metal hexes, center shaft reinforced with the bearing, etc., and it ran like a crazy rocket. A real blast.. Then...
No back left spin.
Opened the diff case to shredded plastic. No metal shavings. Took a few minutes then I saw it...no bearing in the diff case holding the driveshaft. From the factory that way. Cleaned and put a Fast Eddy in. Good to go.
Thanks Arrma! (NOT).
Didn't notice that when it was new?

If I am correct, this is second time I seen this here on AF. The same missing BB. A rare fluke hopefully. But not the first time.
It sucks that you have to rebuild a whole RTR out the box, first, to make sure no parts were missed during factory assy.:mad:
Otherwise, it seems to always be a gamble with Poor QC, little to no diff fluids, etc and on and on.

Yeah. It's why a ton that are made in up on closet shelves by new owners who don't know what to do.
When I buy a real car, I'm counting the factory used all the parts lol

And these days, even New Real cars QC has gone down the toilet.
Look at all the NHTS Recalls.:rolleyes: No matter the brand. Some worse than others. Kia and Hyundai etc. Hnda Ford Gm, even Toyota. All of them.
One company found they had used Power steering fluid in the brake system. This was caught right after a new release with brand new ones. Ruined the whole braking system. Affected thousands of new cars. ABS system and all. Owners were instructed to have their cars towed into the dealers and NOT drive them. And the dealers were instructed by the Mfr to just FLUSH the brake system out with Brake fluid. But is already too late. Damage is already done to the whole brake system. All the seals have been compromised. What A joke of a comapny. If it were me I would want my money refunded on the car. Brand new and all.

Last edited:
Kits cost much more money to make, contrary to popular belief. More labor intensive to create a kit of parts all labeled, bagged in sequence and counted correctly etc. . And make a build manual. Completely different mfring process. Many more layers of QC is needed across many steps of packaging.
But kits would be nice as one option.

Last edited:
And these days, even New Real cars QC has gone down the toilet.
Look at all the NHTS Recalls.:rolleyes: No matter the brand. Some worse than others. Kia and Hyundai etc. Hnda Ford Gm, even Toyota.
We just had to do a fuel pump recall on a 2021 Camry Hybrid. And it took like 2 weeks to get in a service appointment booked:rolleyes:

Edit: The car would not go above ~2.5k rpm. We just had a whole bunch of snow (up to your knees) here about 2 weeks ago. We got stuck in front of our house like 3 times:LOL:

Like I said, all of them have QC issues. I am a diehard Toyota guy myself. Only mostly Toys since the 1980's. And having been a dealer Tech for them for 8 years. Back when QC was way better .

BTW, actually, waiting 2 weeks is not that bad.;) And a fuel pump is a fairly big job in many cases. It's located inside the gas tank.

Kits cost much more money to make, contrary to popular belief. More labor intensive to create a kit of parts all labeled, bagged in sequence and counted correctly etc. . And make a build manual. Completely different mfring process.
But kits would be nice as one option.
I'm not so sure about that. A manual is one shot, done, no qc. Putting parts in bags is not a drain on manufacturing resources. Otherwise kits would not always be cheaper. On top of that, no diff or shock fluid to include... no labor on assembly...

Yea, I 'm calling complete BS on that one, sorry.

^^^OMG, you called me out. Haven't had that in quite some time.
I don't know what to say.:(
Like I said prior, "contrary to popular belief".....
I will allow you your popular belief and move on.:LOL: An RC Urban Myth.

How many kits have you built compared to RTR's owned? Rollers and sliders don't count, they are just RTR's IMO.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure about that. A manual is one shot, done, no qc. Putting parts in bags is not a drain on manufacturing resources. Otherwise kits would not always be cheaper. On top of that, no diff or shock fluid to include... no labor on assembly...

Yea, I 'm calling complete BS on that one, sorry.
?:unsure: Kits look that simple to you?

?:unsure: Kits look that simple to you?
Y'all are cute with your ignorant overconfidence.

Tamiya tt-01e euro truck kit for $146 with motor and esc included, only need a servo and radio.

Dr10 kit for $199 vs $349 for RTR.

....do I even need to mention the EXB rollers vs the RTR price?

Get over yourself.

Your analogies above are not supportive of your position here. Just Assumptions.
Surely you can support your position better than this.
Is that all you got?
It's always good to vet info. first before you jump the gun.
Best to start with understanding the mfr'ing process as it exists, before jumping the gun. This is an old topic and been discussed before.
Even JD /Arrma UK discussed just this topic.
What I am saying is just common knowledge.
Sorry you are shocked in regards.
Appreciate your comment nonetheless. Whatever it may be.
You have the choice to like or dislike what others have to say.

Your analogies above are not supportive of your position here. Just Assumptions.
Surely you can support your position better than this.
Is that all you got?
It's always good to vet info. first before you jump the gun.
Hypocrite.
Best to start with understanding the mfr'ing process as it exists, before jumping the gun. This is an old topic and been discussed before.
Even JD /Arrma UK discussed just this topic.
What I am saying is just common knowledge.
Sorry you are shocked in regards.
Okay, let's think about this critically, as you should have learned to do when you were a child. Manufacturing would be the part where you stamp/mold/machine/etc. You might find this to be a huge surprise, but RC cars are not born and they do not materialize out of thin air. Plastic parts come on trees, which have to be separated, cleaned up, and assembled by... people. And just how do these people know which parts to use where? They have a manual. These things you think are an extra step for kits are already done. There is no lost R&D.

When you build a kit, you are doing the last part of the manufacturing process for the manufacturer.

JD said so? The guy who said arrma would never do anythink like a crawler/scaler? The guy who lives in an ego dream and goes back on everything he's ever said? Yeah, sure...

I guess Tamiya, Kyosho, Xray, Serpent, and Schumacher are all dumb companies hemorrhaging money because they sell kits.

Appreciate the reply, I expected you to say exactly what you did. You are not the first.
I started RC back in the 1980's. I watched the transition from Kits, the norm, to RTR's, which dominate this Hobby now. RTR's were created to get more exposure to those unable or even willing to build from scratch. I Know how these are produced and sourced. I see you don't quite like Arrma as much as other brands. Good to be open about other brands out there. Likewise. I am no fanboy of any brand. I left that behind with my TA racing days.
That aside. We can argue this issue further, just keep it in a civil tone.
JD is Arrma Uk. HH tells him what to design. not the other way around. But he is the father or founder of the Arrma line. He knows very much about what it takes to get a RTR model from design phase to box.
Team Durango was the Kit variant of Arrma. DEX8 compares to the legacy Typhons.

If you observed the many layers of producing an RTR vs a Full kit, you would understand better. This is not about Tamiya vs Serpent or Schumacher and Arrrma. Who does it better. A brand that has a Kit and an RTR option of the same model rarely equates to the same product. Features are changed. You don't necessarily pay less for the kitted version. Look closer at both for comparison.
Building a RTR has way less QC layers than assembling a kit. A kit designed brand will fail very easily if QC is off. There is no room for error. Not one part can be missing. Need to spend $$ on experienced tech support. I am not talking about making sure the kit will be a good running model. That bis a given. Not that type of QC. I am talking about creating a boxed set of parts and precise instructions. Labled and sequenced bags of checked over parts that have no flaws. RTR's can be slammed together real fast without regard for this. Defects are in abundance with RTR's because of this.
Yes a manual is made once then printed. have you looked at a Tekno manual for instance The illustrations and procedures take a lot to create. Not just written by one person. It requires designers, editors, writers, photography. To get it right. Fail with just the manual alone and you have a failed product.
High end brands rely on quality parts, so the builder will not have assy issues. Can't fail here either. It is much cheaper to slam a RTR rig together at the factory super fast and disregard parts QC. More labor is required for kit boxed parts. Seems counter intuitive. But is not.
I have built many kits. I can see the level of QC that is needed for it. Overseas sourcing uses assembly line building of sub components in RTR's. Cheap unskilled labor is all that is needed. An RC brand that builds RTR's can hide QC much more easily than a Kit brand.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back