Vendetta Arrma Vendetta active aero project.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke66

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vendetta
So, there is a chance I could be getting a SWB on-road. Before that happened, I wanted to give my 'Detta a little love. I mean, of the two, which would get driven more? (you don't need to answer that) So, I looked at my 'Detta and said to myself "Luke, active aero would be cool." So, I head to the computer and start workin. About a day of printing and CADing. And it's pretty close to being done! There are a couple of problems, well two. One is too small to mention and I'll take care of it tomorrow. The other is my remote broke. I've not had luck with stock Arrma radios (My Typhon 3S I sold had remote probs as well) I've sent a message to HH support and hopefully they'll replace it. If not I'll get a TX/RX that @lukedavis and @DavidB1126 recommended. RN I've got almost all the mechanical stuff sorted. So now it's just electrical. (shiver) I figure I'll post pics, cuz why not.

IMG_0951.JPG
IMG_0952.JPG

IMG_0953.JPG
IMG_0954.JPG

Oh, thought I'd mention that so far all the electronics (other than the rear-mounted servo) is stock. I've got 3D printed parts scattered all over (such as sideskirts and front splitters) other than that and a little bit of tuning, stock.

Well, thank y'all for tuning in, and I hope you'll follow for more! Until next time, c ya!

(Edit) Also, as far as I know, (I just Googled it) this is the first Vendetta with active aero. The whole kit is 3D printed, and I hope to have the files out at some point (2.50$) If enough people were interested I could also possibly sell the parts as a kit for those who don't have a 3D printer. Please LMK your thoughts on this.

(Edit #2) It has come to my attention that this is NOT the first Vendetta with active aero. Hopefully at the time of the files release I will be the first to have a kit available. But #2 built isnt shabby!

Last edited:
I hope to have the files out at some point
Maybe you could offer two versions afterwards. One with an easy to print flat plate "wing". And one with a proper airfoil wing, which needs to be sanded after printing. This would increase its efficiency more downforce and less drag could be possible. And it would perform better when you tilt the wing than a flat plate.

On this limitless style wing the air cant follow the suction side and creates turbulence and drag.
Screenshot 2024-02-13 010843.png

Screenshot 2024-02-13 010248.png

I found the other airfoil on the internet. You can see how the air coming from the right gets sucked down toward the low-pressure side and it gets thrown up better on the left because it can follow the underside profile.

Is it worth the extra printing effort... only testing would show:)

Maybe you could offer two versions afterwards. One with an easy to print flat plate "wing". And one with a proper airfoil wing, which needs to be sanded after printing. This would increase its efficiency more downforce and less drag could be possible. And it would perform better when you tilt the wing than a flat plate.

On this limitless style wing the air cant follow the suction side and creates turbulence and drag.
View attachment 348326
View attachment 348325
I found the other airfoil on the internet. You can see how the air coming from the right gets sucked down toward the low-pressure side and it gets thrown up better on the left because it can follow the underside profile.

Is it worth the extra printing effort... only testing would show:)
Well, I am sorta a aero newbie so I'd really have to learn a couple things to get the best result. ;)
Your Detta is looking good. 💥
Thanks (y)
Crap, I was too slow!

You should look at the radio master MT12
With this radio you can create custom mixers and have the wing do what you want on channel 3 based on inputs from the throttle input and steering input.
I know other radios like the RadioLink RC8X can do similar (with an more user friendly interface)

I believe the radiolink is a little less capable compared to the RadioMaster. Especially if you wanted to expand this function to the front and other elements on the car.

Nice project!

yeaahhhh, no. That remote is a little outa my budget.
at this point i want it to be throttle based. Faster you go, the farther down the wing goes. seems to be the cheaper and better option for now.

yeaahhhh, no. That remote is a little outa my budget.
at this point i want it to be throttle based. Faster you go, the farther down the wing goes. seems to be the cheaper and better option for now.

One Idea I heard of that was interesting was a mechanical setup where its on a spring and the air itself pushes the wing down against the spring tension.
I can imagine you might spend a ton of money trying different springs and getting it just right.

Last edited:
So the ESC came in today. But lucky me, HH sent me another remote! and they don't want the ESC back. So now I've got a couple of 3S ESCs sitting around for future builds.

Back