Vendetta Arrma Vendetta active aero project.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm in the car right now headed home from Dallas TX. We spent a couple of days at a RV expo selling the internet device my dad builds. While I was gone the remote (and the latest Car and Driver mag) showed up at home. So, I'll get home at like 2-4 PM tomorrow, then I'll finally be able to drive this rocket again. I should be able to get the aero done pretty quick too. So far my experience with Arrmas RTR radios has not been great. hopefully this is my last time dealing with it.

Welp, long story short. It's not working. Well, the car does, the aero is not.

Honestly IDK what the cow I'm gonna do to get this aero running.

What is not working for you??

I could think of three things.

1) If the electronics of the DRS system are not working: Ditch the electronics and use proper wing profiles for increased overall efficiency. And maybe a flexy wing mount to have a DRS-like effect at higher speeds. (You can search Formula 1 flexy wings, maybe there is a good video showing the movements of the wing)

2) If the aero is not working: wing profiles are aerodynamically superior.

3) Or you could enjoy the car as it is. I think the stock aero of the Vendetta is not that bad.

the servo doesn't like moving with the throttle. Maybe my setup is stupid IDK. I've got the ESC and servo connected to chan 1 with a Y harness. It worked once. But never again.

ESC and servo connected to chan 1 with a Y harness
Do you have the ESC and the servo properly grounded at the receiver for example? I once used only the data cable of the esc and powered the receiver with an external battery. That messed up my signals... Make sure to ground all signal wires.

Edit: Or use a button to close and open DRS. That way you could choose to keep the downforce for accelerating and deploy it at top speed only manually.

what do you mean by 'ground'?
I'm kinda new to messing with the electronics.

what do you mean by 'ground'?
I'm kinda new to messing with the electronics.
I think you should be good, after thinking about it. Your Y harness does properly ground the servo and esc.đź‘Ť

I meant that the black/negative cable of each device should have continuity. The small charges in the signal wire need the ground wire to close the circle.
Damn I am not good at explaining this...
IMG_20240228_083447.jpg

Back