Outcast Really ticked off with Arrma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I'm looking at that. But I shouldn't have to upgrade a brand new truck. If you offer a warranty. You should be able to fufill it. Maybe stop selling outcasts and kratons and the rest that are similar until you can take care of existing customers.

They ARE taking care of your warranty. Here's the thing, Arrma probably didn't expect people to start making the front center diff mount out of their motor mounts. So everyone that has one of their vehicles that comes across these threads with people cutting motor mounts in half goes out and orders a motor mount. Arrma probably had what they thought was plenty extra until people started hacking them up left and right. If the center diff mount would have never caught on I bet they would still be in stock.
What do you want out of this thread? What do you want out of this forum? Whatever it is you don't seem to be getting it. Everyone presents you with possible scenarios or different solutions but you are never happy. You seem to be the only person that doesn't understand that things happen! Be realistic! I guarantee that if you were running arrma you wouldn't just shut down and stop cash flow to send out parts, especially if they are having financial difficulties! They probably get them in large runs from a machine shop, if they shut down maybe the lead time wouldn't be any different. Maybe there are other people in front of you for warranty parts. Do you really have such a strong sense of entitlement that you believe you should be their priority above all others?
RELAX dude, they told you they would give you another part when they had them back in stock! If you really hate arrma that much sell it and go buy something else.

They ARE taking care of your warranty. Here's the thing, Arrma probably didn't expect people to start making the front center diff mount out of their motor mounts. So everyone that has one of their vehicles that comes across these threads with people cutting motor mounts in half goes out and orders a motor mount. Arrma probably had what they thought was plenty extra until people started hacking them up left and right. If the center diff mount would have never caught on I bet they would still be in stock.
What do you want out of this thread? What do you want out of this forum? Whatever it is you don't seem to be getting it. Everyone presents you with possible scenarios or different solutions but you are never happy. You seem to be the only person that doesn't understand that things happen! Be realistic! I guarantee that if you were running arrma you wouldn't just shut down and stop cash flow to send out parts, especially if they are having financial difficulties! They probably get them in large runs from a machine shop, if they shut down maybe the lead time wouldn't be any different. Maybe there are other people in front of you for warranty parts. Do you really have such a strong sense of entitlement that you believe you should be their priority above all others?
RELAX dude, they told you they would give you another part when they had them back in stock! If you really hate arrma that much sell it and go buy something else.

EDIT: Its just not worth it. You take care of your existing customers before new ones, thats all I'm going to say on this.

EDIT: Its just not worth it. You take care of your existing customers before new ones, thats all I'm going to say on this.

We have all been in this situation in one way shape or form.

I understand your point. It sounds nice and super ethical. But, never will you see a company in the hobby industry tearing apart full units to get a spare part for a warranty issue. Especially when its a hot selling unit.

don't expect an industry to change to fit your current crappy situation.

Say they hacked out all the mounts, to make you and everyone else(?) in your situation happy. How many fathers couldnt buy the rc now when they wanted for there son?

Last edited:
There's been a lot of rumors of Hobbico being in tough times right now. There lineup, especially the Arrma lineup isn't going anywhere. If by the small chance they do go bankrupt, Hobbico can shed brands like General Motors did and come out stronger. Worst case scenario, someone else will buy up most, or at least the most successful brands of Hobbico (including Arrma) and continue to sell and offer support for them. I am riding this wave, just like I did HPI's wave because I believe in the product and fully enjoy the product. But I fully believe that all will be well. Just ride the wave..so to speak.

WHAT >>?? HOBBICO .. the gentle Giant of RC is having financial problems ? ( sarcasm ) I personally think the big RC companies should wake up a bit and realize the consumer will buy the clones with the continued price hikes of this hobby. I have been in the hobby since 1985..and example Pro line bodies were 15 bucks.. now they are 40 bucks and above.. You could buy a Blackfoot for 80 bucks.. now so called "vintage" BS are 199 bucks.. Pure BS.. I like the Arrma Brand.. but i keep seeing people talking like its a new company. I have seen posts about Arrma going back 3 years.Thats not such a brand new company to me unless it wasnt available in the states or something and only abroad.I personally like my Senton.. compared to the old cars ive owned in the past.. the only build quality i liked more was my Losi JRX-T... Holy hell i can only imagine that thing on 6s.. I do agree with the OP.. If Arrma is going to keep selling the cars then they should carry a surplus of parts to be available to customers.What if your real car company did this.. There would be no such thing as brand loyalty. I know for one i was planning on buying the Talion or Typhon in s a few days.. now i think i might look at another company..maybe go back with Losi .. All it takes is one bad experience to drive a customer away.. and then of course word travels fast on social media.. and then Arrma is known as a company who cant handle its customers or parts.

My 2 cents IMHO of course. ,
Schuey

Someone please add some links to this news of Arrma's/hobbico hard times. I must be way out of the loop from how a few of you are describing this.

I know of the rod end shortage for the Nero and now the motor mount for the Outcast. IMO, those can simply be contributed to the fall out of some bad decisions Arrma made going into the holiday season last year. Arrma is not a large company to my understanding. I can imagine that Arrma's budget, manufacture turn around time, and unplanned success has stretched supplies very slim in some areas.

Adversely, its just as possible that I am just that much out of the loop. Either way, good times or hard, Im sticking with Arrma through and through.

Having to replace the front bulkhead of the Nero recently, I got to see first hand, how much fun they had designing that beast. Its just awesome. I hope this is just the whiners doing there thing and we will continue to see more great things from Arrma.

Hey @robl45, just wanted to offer up a scenario for you because I'm now running into the same problems you did. I'm not sure if my motor mount holes are stripped because I haven't purchased new screws yet, but I'm thinking I may have the same problem. Here's what I think happened:

The last time I bashed, I noticed one of the motor mount screws had fallen out. It obviously lacked the Loctite. My kids wanted to go out again and bash a week later, so I did so again, one screw short. The mount moved a little, but I figured I would be okay. After that session, I noticed a second screw had fallen out. I'm thinking they are going to be stripped because these are really short screws. (12mm if I'm correct.) When they back out, they don't just go from tight to missing. They slowly back out. If the screw is halfway out and you hammer the throttle, the motor mount will flex, pressing the screw up against the chassis. This in turn will make the screw move inside the aluminum motor mount, and will likely oblong and strip the threads out as the screw slowly makes it's way out, continuously being torqued to the side with every throttle punch.

I'd be willing to bet that's what happened to you. One minute the screw is there, tight and fine, and upon finding it missing, the hole will be stripped out.

Maybe this means it would be worth it to check these screws from time to time to make sure they're tight and have Loctite on them...

I'll post again once I get some new screws and find out if they're stripped.

Good reason to upgrade to the Hot Racing mount, haha.

Update: My LHS had the correct screws in stock. Both went in fine and the threads weren't stripped.

I decided I was done with this, but I remembered the issue with my daughters powerwheels.wild thing that we bought end of november. One of the sticks you use to control it stopped working and we brought it to the local service center. Powerwheels didn't have any parts. Do you know what they are doing for all the owners? Thats right, they shipped out new ones to everyone. Bottom line, if you can't fufill your warranty, you shouldn't keep selling new trucks. People can get mad at me all they want, but the powerwheel was 300 not 500 and if the thing is broken out of the box like I'm sure some of them are judging from my defective steering links, they shouldn't be telling people to wait months.

Update: My LHS had the correct screws in stock. Both went in fine and the threads weren't stripped.
I recommend blue thread locking these screws and check them before every bash. Learned my lesson a while back smacking my Typhon chassis hard, jumping at a big BMX track. My son's homemade Outcast motor mount screws also backed out a good bit, had forgot to lock and check. Think it's a combination of motor torque, vibration, and hard ground slaps that stress and loosen those little buggers.

I recommend blue thread locking these screws and check them before every bash. Learned my lesson a while back smacking my Typhon chassis hard, jumping at a big BMX track. My son's homemade Outcast motor mount screws also backed out a good bit, had forgot to lock and check. Think it's a combination of motor torque, vibration, and hard ground slaps that stress and loosen those little buggers.
That's exactly what I did. They haven't moved since.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back