Outcast Rear end

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reubydoobe

Reuby Doobe
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon 6s
Anyone else had the c clip on the rear dif bearing come out. Mine did when a stone got jammed up in there . I'm thinking the plate could be used upside down to stop stone's sitting in the brace/support. Or even better arrma could fit a cover to the hole unit like the one in the picture.
I've fitted a new c clip but had to strip the rear from the chassis to do so as the plate is under the rear drive shaft. I can only see it happening again.
IMG_20200816_004809.jpg
Screenshot_20200816_182406.jpg
15975994894826458193729934651859.jpg

Had the same issue. Managed to fit it again without taking everything apart.
The pin in the rear of the drive shaft was stopping it going in. It had come out a bit one end. The plate can be fitted the other way around so it sits over the shaft. Be easy to remove then to get to the bearing if it happens again ?

Did you manage to turn it upside down and mount it? I’ve done this with the K8s after the M2C chassis install.....had no choice.

Did you manage to turn it upside down and mount it? I’ve done this with the K8s after the M2C chassis install.....had no choice.
I didn't yet but did ask and got told it was OK , that way stone's won't sit init

3rd run and it came out again not sure if it's the stone's getting to it or it's just a duff design

Mine came out again...
This time bearing is out as well...
Any idea how to get the bearing back in without taking the whole rear apart?
Doesn‘t want to pop back in. Already unscrewed the plate which gives me a little bit of space.

For me it looks like a design flaw. Ran two packs, came off two times! ?

Last edited:
Mine came out again...
This time bearing is out as well...
Any idea how to get the bearing back in without taking the whole rear apart?
Doesn‘t want to pop back in. Already unscrewed the plate which gives me a little bit of space.

For me it looks like a design flaw. Ran two packs, came off two times! ?
No because it's underneath the drive shaft you will have to strip the rear. Put it on top when you put it back together. What were you running on when it happened?
The pin in the rear of the shaft is probably stopping it going in

3rd run and it came out again not sure if it's the stone's getting to it or it's just a duff design
Are you still having issues with that clip..??

I was going out tomorrow for my maiden run ? but I might postpone and go inspect that clip first.. ?

Didn't get round to running or looking at mine today, been fighting with the EXB ?

Did/do people with the K8s have this same issue with the clip..??

We need to figure out what's causing the issue, is it a weak c clip or debris getting to it.??
I believe the stock clips are 15mm, mine feels quite loose on the shaft and it spins very easily ?

I've ordered some different C-clips will report back here soon..??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back