Infraction Rear shock tower and steering rack tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWednesday

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
Can anyone please give me a very simple explanation about how these setting options affect performance/ride characteristics? Or at least the correct name of the metric so I can go find out for myself? How the various rear diffuser inserts make a difference… I think I know what the upper holes on the shock stands do, they stiffen the suspension right? The closer together the steeper the angle the softer the suspension… so if I’m doing on road speed runs where do I want them vs if I’m doing drifting on uneven concrete for example. Then there’s there’s 2 options on the steering rack and 4 on the rear lower shock stand where the camber links attach. I kinda want to tweak the same settings on my MBX8TR ECO but that’s a whole different monster. It’s not lost on me that this is probably a pain in the ass to describe, but hopefully between a couple of guys all of these points can be touched on. I would honestly be very grateful for your time. Thank you in advance 🙏

IMG_0236.jpeg

IMG_0237.jpeg

IMG_0238.jpeg

Can anyone please give me a very simple explanation about how these setting options affect performance/ride characteristics? Or at least the correct name of the metric so I can go find out for myself? How the various rear diffuser inserts make a difference… I think I know what the upper holes on the shock stands do, they stiffen the suspension right? The closer together the steeper the angle the softer the suspension… so if I’m doing on road speed runs where do I want them vs if I’m doing drifting on uneven concrete for example. Then there’s there’s 2 options on the steering rack and 4 on the rear lower shock stand where the camber links attach. I kinda want to tweak the same settings on my MBX8TR ECO but that’s a whole different monster. It’s not lost on me that this is probably a pain in the ass to describe, but hopefully between a couple of guys all of these points can be touched on. I would honestly be very grateful for your time. Thank you in advance 🙏

View attachment 324970

View attachment 324971

View attachment 324972
I cannot explain any of it... :)

But a member here did a good tutorial on the shock placement basics.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back